Brazil evisa

safarijm

12 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I have one of the old 10 year visas that will expire in 2027.  I assume I won't need to get the new visa also, but I have not seen this specifically addressed.  Does anyone know for sure?

The visa must be in a valid passport according to the evisa help desk.

10 hours ago, lisajltx said:

The visa must be in a valid passport according to the evisa help desk.

perhaps they are referring to the e-visa.  I have several valid visas in an expired passport.  when presented with my current passport, they are still considered valid

found a couple links to support my position, one of which is the Government of Brazil website:

https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/consulado-atlanta/english/visas/visa-f-a-q-frequently-asked-questions

(FAQ #4)

https://www.travelvisapro.com/help/my-passport-expired-but-my-visa-is-still-valid-do-i-need-to-get-a-new-visa

Edited by Nachosdelux

Thanks, that is what I thought too. Below is the response from the agency help desk.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for contacting the Brazil E-visa Helpdesk.

Please note that the visa must be in a valid passport.

Best Regards,

Brazil E-visa Helpdesk

Too risky to take any chances, I don’t want to risk being denied boarding. 

36 minutes ago, lisajltx said:

Thanks, that is what I thought too. Below is the response from the agency help desk.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for contacting the Brazil E-visa Helpdesk.

Please note that the visa must be in a valid passport.

Best Regards,

Brazil E-visa Helpdesk

Too risky to take any chances, I don’t want to risk being denied boarding. 

what agency??  perhaps you can contact them again and be more specific (the old visa, not the new e-visa)  my guess is they are just reading from a script 

• Thanks 1

We applied 12/2 my husband received his 12/8 . Mine is “Recommended by VFS” since 12/3 . I emailed 20 times seriously (they don’t understand or really read the issue. Using th VOIP Telerion phone is worthless! Super frustrating! No effective “help” from helpdesk!

• Like 1

I guess a lot of us are in the same BOAT!! I can't count the number of emails and phone

calls my husband and I have made. Now it is time for the Online Check-In!!! This 

is extremely frustrating as there seems no solution or person to talk to!!!

Boatie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boatie 1 said:

I guess a lot of us are in the same BOAT!! I can't count the number of emails and phone

calls my husband and I have made. Now it is time for the Online Check-In!!! This 

is extremely frustrating as there seems no solution or person to talk to!!!

Boatie

Frustrated understatement:

• Like 1

Just an update ... after nearly 2 weeks of waiting they rejected for the second time the photo. This time they explained in more detail that it needs to be a clear 2x2 photo. Not sure what clear means, perhaps the resolution needs to be high enough but they did not specify. Our photo already was 2x2, so I increased the size to 1200x1200 pixels. They further stated that it should NOT be a passport photo and the ear (ears?) needs to be visible. This is something not mentioned anywhere. Very frustrating 

On 12/11/2023 at 8:40 PM, SusieQft said:

I have one of the old 10 year visas that will expire in 2027.  I assume I won't need to get the new visa also, but I have not seen this specifically addressed.  Does anyone know for sure?

I can confirm that the visa in the old passport is still valid. I just took my husband’s old passport to Reception yesterday and they confirmed that everything is ok.

• Like 1

I keep receiving an email asking me for round-trip flight information though I am flying into Rio and cruising out on Regent. I have sent copies of my inbound flight and my region confirmation and they keep asking for round-trip flights. Has anyone else had this problem and do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

• Like 1

We had a similar issue as AZNettie. They did not accept the flight itinerary for our Buenos Aires to Rio cruise, probably since the flight is into Argentina and out of Brazil but we did not document when the cruise actually enters Brazil. We then resubmitted a pasted together single pdf document (since you cannot upload a cruise itinerary and a flight itinerary as separate files). We highlighted the first Brazilian port on the cruise and the flight out of Rio. Let's hope for the best ... time is running out.

So maybe in your case you show the Rio flight and the last Brazilian port from the cruise itinerary -- all in big highlights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2023 at 7:04 PM, BBWC said:

I can confirm that the visa in the old passport is still valid. I just took my husband’s old passport to Reception yesterday and they confirmed that everything is ok.

Thank you.  They told me the same at about the same time.  So at least they are consistent,  so far.  My fingers are still crossed that that answer does not change at the last minute.

We are still trying and are so discouraged every day it seems a new issue. We sail on the 10th!!

We have been very loyal to Regent but it seems hopeless!! We were so looking forward to this trip.

My husband has spent literally hours uploading and resending...this shouldn't be. I am ready to throw in the towel!!

Boatie

On 12/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, Boatie 1 said:

We are still trying and are so discouraged every day it seems a new issue. We sail on the 10th!!

We have been very loyal to Regent but it seems hopeless!! We were so looking forward to this trip.

My husband has spent literally hours uploading and resending...this shouldn't be. I am ready to throw in the towel!!

Boatie

Could not agree more; a vacation starts with anticipation a few weeks/days ahead of the actual trip. This has now become a frustrating and increasingly angry situation - not a vacation.

As hard as it is to believe, finally, one visa down and one to go. My husband received his visa today (We applied 12/7 and must have resent items over 20 times), and I received an email today saying that my info had been forwarded to Brazilian government, so hopefully in a week, I will see my visa. My husband received the same email and the visa showed up about a week later. I'm guessing CLIA is working behind the scenes to help. This has been to most frustrating and exhausting experience but I am destined to not let it ruin our trip...so looking forward to First Regent cruise, leaving RIO on Jan 26.                                         Happy New Year, everyone!!