Can someone please give me a tip on how to find repositioning cruises?

CruisinShips

Maybe the confusion in terms? Transatlantic and Transpacific cruises, while technically are re-positioning cruises are actually classified as "transatlantic" and "transpacific" in the search engine. I think the repositioning cruises are only when a ship is changing a home port (as opposed to normal seasonal rotational repositioning). Therefore, there would be very few repositioning cruises? That's my interpretation anyway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Maybe the confusion in terms? Transatlantic and Transpacific cruises, while technically are re-positioning cruises are actually classified as "transatlantic" and "transpacific" in the search engine. I think the repositioning cruises are only when a ship is changing a home port (as opposed to normal seasonal rotational repositioning). Therefore, there would be very few repositioning cruises? That's my interpretation anyway.

You nailed the definition.  

Look for cruises that spend the fall sailing from Boston or NYC for "leaf peeping" cruises to New England/Canada, then sail in the Caribbean in the winter.

Also Alaska cruises followed by Mexican Riviera cruises in the winter. Celebrity may not be doing this, but Princess does.

Good luck - we really enjoyed our NCL repositioning cruise a few years ago.

Edited by MarKay525