People who have recently bid for an upgrade...

Shippy

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

How long did it take for a reply....I do know it can vary.

Just bid for an upgrade. Cruise is 55 days out.

I've had 4 cruise upgrade bids accepted and 1 rejected.  My experience has been that they come sometime around the 30 day mark.  The one time I didn't get the upgrade I never heard anything, and they just showed pending until I boarded the ship.
Now I've heard that they are offering counter-offers telling you that others are outbidding you, and offering you the chance to raise your bid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

Within 3 days of sailing is usually when you get your answer based on my experience in the last year. 

3 days?  Because most people say 30 days.  And 30 days is my experience multiple times.  

10 minutes ago, TheDawg79 said:

I didn’t stutter! 3 days is my experience from my last 2 cruises the past 3 months 😂🤣😂

Thank you for not stuttering.  No one likes a stuttering reply or a stuttering answer. 

I'm curious...I booked a cruise about 3 weeks ago and it leaves in 10 days. I chose my cabin but within a couple days the sailing had been listed as "sold out." Since then I've received 3 emails to bid on an upgrade (they offered 3 categories), but how can they have cabins available for upgrade if the ship is full?

6 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm curious...I booked a cruise about 3 weeks ago and it leaves in 10 days. I chose my cabin but within a couple days the sailing had been listed as "sold out." Since then I've received 3 emails to bid on an upgrade (they offered 3 categories), but how can they have cabins available for upgrade if the ship is full?

Just because they accept a bid, it does not mean they currently have a cabin available in that category.  There might be late cancellation with a cascading effect on cabin openings.

Good luck 

On 12/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, iamaqt2 said:

I've had 4 cruise upgrade bids accepted and 1 rejected.  My experience has been that they come sometime around the 30 day mark.  The one time I didn't get the upgrade I never heard anything, and they just showed pending until I boarded the ship.
Now I've heard that they are offering counter-offers telling you that others are outbidding you, and offering you the chance to raise your bid. 

They accepted my bid for a mini suite two days before sailing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Just because they accept a bid, it does not mean they currently have a cabin available in that category.  There might be late cancellation with a cascading effect on cabin openings.

Good luck 

I was just curious...I'm not bidding. I picked a great Caribe balcony cabin. Their upgrade price for a minisuite was over $1,000 and I definitely don't want a cabin in some location where I don't get to pick.

• Like 1