Ship Wi-Fi and iPhone?

amy2313

I feel like I should know the answer to this by now but can you use the FREE ship WiFi that you use for the Carnival Hub to use your iPhone’s texting (iMessage) while at sea?? Can you also use it to FaceTime while at see for FREE?? 

Im very cautious with my cell at sea so not to get any unexpected charges, but would love to know what is possible for free. 

thanks 

5 hours ago, amy2313 said:

I feel like I should know the answer to this by now but can you use the FREE ship WiFi that you use for the Carnival Hub to use your iPhone’s texting (iMessage) while at sea?? Can you also use it to FaceTime while at see for FREE?? 

Im very cautious with my cell at sea so not to get any unexpected charges, but would love to know what is possible for free. 

thanks 

Sometimes.

My husband and I were on the Mardi Gras.  I had paid for premium Wi-Fi. He did NOT.

I was in the bed watching TV, and he was out on the balcony.  We were not near a port. 

I texted him, and he answered.  🤷‍♀️

iMessaging is not reliable without buying a package. I will always buy the WiFi package and my husband does not, he will usually get all my messages but they will be really delayed showing up several hours after sending them. 

Facetime works best with the highest level package.

Also if you leave your phone in Airplane mode and connect to Carnival's wifi there will be no unexpected charges. Just make sure your phone stays in airplane mode until you get back to the USA.

Carnival's wifi doesn't charge you unless you buy a plan. You don't have to worry about being billed for it unless you specifically buy a plan.

Just keep in mind, the fact that you can send/receive imessages without purchasing a wifi plan is a glitch. The ship can fix that glitch at any point. There is certainly no promised benefit of being able to use imessage without an internet plan.

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Just keep in mind, the fact that you can send/receive imessages without purchasing a wifi plan is a glitch. The ship can fix that glitch at any point. There is certainly no promised benefit of being able to use imessage without an internet plan.

very true. Royal went and closed the loop hole.