Haven Mattress

nhtravels

Can anyone share with me what the style of mattress is in the Haven?  I know it's a Bliss - but there are three "levels" and I'm not sure which one.  (For note:  we usually stay in a 2 br. Haven.). I would love to surprise my husband with new mattress and box spring with the best night sleep we've had in years!!

5 hours ago, nhtravels said:

Can anyone share with me what the style of mattress is in the Haven?  I know it's a Bliss - but there are three "levels" and I'm not sure which one.  (For note:  we usually stay in a 2 br. Haven.). I would love to surprise my husband with new mattress and box spring with the best night sleep we've had in years!!

if I am not mistaken @cruiseny4life bought one of these - he may be able to chime in here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nhtravels said:

Can’t help you with a “level”. It is a comfy pillow top. There is no box spring, since under bed is used for luggage storage. 

Unless you are on the Prima/Viva, there is no bed in the second bedroom. You sleep on the [hard] sofa or the drop down Pullman. 

Hey there, thanks for tagging me @smillerholmes AND wow! What a memory! I wish I could remember yesterday.

We did, in fact, purchase the mattress, box spring, sheets, and duvet from blissbedcollection.com. We purchased the Tranquility which is exactly what we had in an aft-facing suite on Getaway (13902, to be specific). I did notice on Joy it was a different mattress. It was the Gold on Joy (HJ category). On our cruise in November on Pr1ma we were in an HE category and the mattress did not have in identifier of type. I think it was Tranquility as it seemed very similar to what we have, without the pillow top. It just had an egg crate style mattress topper. 

Anyway, when you purchase the mattress it will say it's Matermoll as that's the actual manufacturer. Bliss is just marketing. XPO logistics delivered the bed and offered to take our old one away and set up the box spring/mattress for us, but we still needed the old one until our new bedframe was delivered. It took about six weeks to receive the box frame and mattress. 

Here's a photo of the new bed after putting everything together for the first time last November or December. 

IMG_20221215_161559.thumb.jpg.fb62a61a0851f491dd4d093e4b982d4a.jpg

Our pups do approve of the bed and refuse to sleep anywhere else, including the four dog beds we purchased for them.

We did find the sheets to be a bit lacking so have moved on from the Bliss Bed Collection sheets. They just aren't as soft as we like, plus they don't fit properly on the bed. It's a THICK bed. I'm 6 feet and almost have to jump when getting in the bed!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hey there, thanks for tagging me @smillerholmes AND wow! What a memory! I wish I could remember yesterday.

We did, in fact, purchase the mattress, box spring, sheets, and duvet from blissbedcollection.com. We purchased the Tranquility which is exactly what we had in an aft-facing suite on Getaway (13902, to be specific). I did notice on Joy it was a different mattress. It was the Gold on Joy (HJ category). On our cruise in November on Pr1ma we were in an HE category and the mattress did not have in identifier of type. I think it was Tranquility as it seemed very similar to what we have, without the pillow top. It just had an egg crate style mattress topper. 

Anyway, when you purchase the mattress it will say it's Matermoll as that's the actual manufacturer. Bliss is just marketing. XPO logistics delivered the bed and offered to take our old one away and set up the box spring/mattress for us, but we still needed the old one until our new bedframe was delivered. It took about six weeks to receive the box frame and mattress. 

Here's a photo of the new bed after putting everything together for the first time last November or December. 

IMG_20221215_161559.thumb.jpg.fb62a61a0851f491dd4d093e4b982d4a.jpg

Our pups do approve of the bed and refuse to sleep anywhere else, including the four dog beds we purchased for them.

We did find the sheets to be a bit lacking so have moved on from the Bliss Bed Collection sheets. They just aren't as soft as we like, plus they don't fit properly on the bed. It's a THICK bed. I'm 6 feet and almost have to jump when getting in the bed!

Not cruise related, but when I saw your bed, I just had to chime in. My father was a cabinet maker from age 12 to 55 when he changed careers and then just dabbled in furniture repair. My grandfather and father's shop specialized in fine art Colonial reproduction furniture. When I saw the picture of the bed, I just had to chime it. My father was a fantastic craftsman, but he always noted that he could turn a post, but never 4 so that they would match. (Much easier now with lathes that can do excellent jobs of copying a turned piece.)

I attached a picture of the bed that my father made for my mother as his wedding present to her.  (We are awash in custom-made beds - the problem is they require custom-made box springs and mattresses.) 

(Our son and DIL will be staying at the house while we are on a cruise, so we're getting the room ready for them.)

bed.thumb.jpg.497f105037f36c21d49775d864bfb054.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

We purchased the Tranquility which is exactly what we had in an aft-facing suite on Getaway (13902, to be specific). I did notice on Joy it was a different mattress. It was the Gold on Joy (HJ category).

That's probably a side effect of the old Concierge Class. Those HJ/HI staterooms weren't always Haven staterooms. When they were Concierge staterooms, they were probably using the Gold mattresses instead of the usual Tranquility mattresses that are found in the Haven.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GALSews said:

I attached a picture of the bed that my father made for my mother as his wedding present to her.  (We are awash in custom-made beds - the problem is they require custom-made box springs and mattresses.) 

So cool! Honestly, from the photo I can't even tell the posts are any different. I'm sure your dad would be able to tell exactly where the differences are. Ours was custom made, but by Ethan Allen. It would be stunning to have a story like yours, rather than our go to the showroom, pick what we want, and have it delivered. So cool! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

So cool! Honestly, from the photo I can't even tell the posts are any different. I'm sure your dad would be able to tell exactly where the differences are. Ours was custom made, but by Ethan Allen. It would be stunning to have a story like yours, rather than our go to the showroom, pick what we want, and have it delivered. So cool! 

As it turns out (whoops!), my grandfather had another man who turned the posts, so they do match. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

I just checked pricing and they want $1,020 to deliver just a mattress to my home in Los Angeles!

We paid about $600 for white glove delivery (wasn't white glove, but that was due to our circumstances, not anything XPO did/didn't do). I believe the mattress came from Florida, so would make sense as we're in NY/you're in California. 

On 12/14/2023 at 8:19 AM, sjacobs11 said:

I just checked pricing and they want $1,020 to deliver just a mattress to my home in Los Angeles!

Absurd.

There's a zillion mattresses out there. Plenty of good ones among them.

Buy from a local retailer and get either free delivery or a modest fee. And probably "white glove" as well.

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I just went to the website to see what it would cost for a new mattress with delivery.   Too pricey for my budget and the delivery was also going to be $1020 for New York.

Try PCR.

Negotiate for a bigger discount.