Oscar Oscar Oscar on Oasis this morning

Karter

This morning at around 11:00 A.M. there was an Oscar Oscar Oscar announcement while we were docked in Labadee. Do not have all the derails but it appears and older man possibly in a scooter went off the pier and a second man jumped in to help rescue him. The Labadee workers on jet skies responded very quickly and got both men out of the water. The older man was transported to the island behind a jetski then brought back to the ship. No idea of his status. The man who jumped in to rescue him is fine and continued on his way. The crew from the ship and workers from the island responded as team and worked great together to get the man out of the water and to the medical team on board.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Karter said:

This morning at around 11:00 A.M. there was an Oscar Oscar Oscar announcement while we were docked in Labadee. Do not have all the derails but it appears and older man possibly in a scooter went off the pier and a second man jumped in to help rescue him. The Labadee workers on jet skies responded very quickly and got both men out of the water. The older man was transported to the island behind a jetski then brought back to the ship. No idea of his status. The man who jumped in to rescue him is fine and continued on his way. The crew from the ship and workers from the island responded as team and worked great together to get the man out of the water and to the medical team on board.

The pier has a small "wall".  How did he go off it?

ETA, I just looked at a video and near where the ship docks there is no wall at that point.

Edited by BND

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Hit the "wall" with the scooter and got thrown off?

Tripped over the "wall"?

I edited my post to say there is no wall near where the ship is actually docked (it's just past that), but you still have to try pretty hard to go over the edge.  

1 hour ago, BND said:

I edited my post to say there is no wall near where the ship is actually docked (it's just past that), but you still have to try pretty hard to go over the edge.  

It was between the ship and the pier where he went off. 

We had at least one alpha alpha alpha. During the top tier we stopped at cozumel to let them off. A smaller ship, might have been radiance had to move so we could dock to let the person off. Then we continued on to roatan. 

Instead of a few dives like we usual we we saw a aerial lady spinning on wires above our heads. Idk maybe because of the weather. Too windy to dive? Watched cozumel in the open spaces around the big tv in the dive area. 

We have no idea who or why we left off someone with a emergency in cozumel. .