Question on deposit at time of booking

Ferndale Girl

1 hour ago, Ferndale Girl said:

I usually use a future cruise credit that I bought onboard when booking a cruise.  If you don't have any is the deposit a percentage of the cruise fare or is it a set amount like $500?  

Varies, you just need to look on the Princess website to see what they require. 

They currently have a promotion running with $100 deposits. Fares may differ though, between refundable and non-refundable deposits.

1 hour ago, Ferndale Girl said:

Thank you.  I only have one at the moment.  I will be booking a short cruise in the next few days and a more expensive one later for 2025.  We are going on one in July so I'll just buy another one then and book the one for 2025 after that.  

It's a Future Cruise Deposit - FCD.  You might want to consider just paying the deposit for the short cruise since you don't get much back in OBC and save it for the more expensive one (presumably longer).  Sure, you can wait and buy new FCD (you can buy multiple) and put off booking 2025.  Thing is, you may miss out on the lowest fare for this future more expensive one.  I'd book it now and watch for any price drops to refare and just pay cash deposit for the short cruise.

• Like 1

In some of the past cruises we have booked on 'sales/promotions' (and we didn't have any Future Cruise Deposits on file), the deposit was listed as $100 EXCEPT for Full Suites were not included, which were either $500 (7 day cruise) and $800 (10 day cruise).This was pre-pandemic!

I looked at the current promotion with $100 deposits, I did not see any 'fine print' that Full Suites were not included in the $100 deposits.