Checking charges on Medallion app while on ship

denims

5 minutes ago, denims said:

While on the ship, after making purchases onboard, is there a way on the Medallion app on phone or iPad to check charges?

Yea it will be on your journey account which will show your folio

• Like 2

FWIW, you can also check the account on the cabin TV, and also print out a hard copy at the printing station near Guest Services (assuming it works, which isn't always a sure thing ;o). And check it carefully, on a very regular basis. Erroneous charges are not unheard of, but easily corrected with a quick trip to the GS desk. In our experience, there are one or two errors on every trip.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, you can also check the account on the cabin TV....

No, they appear to have discontinued this. At least it was not available on the Sky 3 weeks ago. 

And...no kiosk available near GS.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No, they appear to have discontinued this. At least it was not available on the Sky 3 weeks ago. 

And...no kiosk available near GS.

Those kiosks seem to move around ship to ship. I have seen them next to excursion desk and outside the Internet cafe 

There was no way to check on the TV on our recent cruises. It was definitely available via the app on my phone, the web version on my laptop, and there was a kiosk on deck 6. I did an actual printout from the kiosk a couple of times as it was vastly easier to read than on my phone. I was pleased to find that the kiosk printed on "real" paper rather than that slimy weirdo paper they used to have that was hard to read. I'm waiting now for the to mail me my leftover refundable OBC. It was just over $600 AUD. I'm sure they will give me a crummy exchange rate but I don't really care as long as they mail the funds.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:36 AM, lx200gps said:

FWIW, you can also check the account on the cabin TV, and also print out a hard copy at the printing station near Guest Services (assuming it works, which isn't always a sure thing ;o). And check it carefully, on a very regular basis. Erroneous charges are not unheard of, but easily corrected with a quick trip to the GS desk. In our experience, there are one or two errors on every trip.

It's even easier to just send a message to Guest Services using Crew Call in the app. No need to wait in line with simple issues.  They just need to know the date and amount of the charge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

It's even easier to just send a message to Guest Services using Crew Call in the app. No need to wait in line with simple issues.  They just need to know the date and amount of the charge.

Sorry, but it's far easier for us to simply walk downstairs to the GS desk and settle the issue in person (and no, we don't wait in line, we just go when it's quiet). We don't carry cellphones with us around the ship, they stay in the safe.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Sorry, but it's far easier for us to simply walk downstairs to the GS desk and settle the issue in person (and no, we don't wait in line, we just go when it's quiet). We don't carry cellphones with us around the ship, they stay in the safe.

Yes, you should do what you prefer.   Just to be clarify, you don't have to carry your phone around the ship to use the crew chat.  

On the Enchanted we always passed GS between our cabin & the piazza. There was a kiosk next to the counter. I got a copy of our statement every morning & every evening. Took about 30 seconds. Happy to report there  were never any erroneous charges on our 26 day cruise.

• Like 1