Does "Sold out" mean that all the upgrade bids will be rejected?

Toledosfinest

We are currently booked on the Sky Jan 6-13 and have put in several upgrade bids. They have all said "pending". Since the ship now says sold out, does that mean nobody will get a chance at an upgrade? As of last week, I saw at least 20 cabins still available in different categories I bid on. Just curious.

40 minutes ago, Toledosfinest said:

We are currently booked on the Sky Jan 6-13 and have put in several upgrade bids. They have all said "pending". Since the ship now says sold out, does that mean nobody will get a chance at an upgrade? As of last week, I saw at least 20 cabins still available in different categories I bid on. Just curious.

Not necessarily.  You saw 20 open cabins?  Well, they may be working UG’s now and that’s why it’s showing not available. Pending status can go up to sailing date.

So just keep checking. Still possible.

We went on a Princess cruise July 1st -8th.  We were in a inside cabin and bid on an obstructed oceanview for $45pp.   About 4 weeks before the cruise the website showed all the oceanview rooms were sold out so I thought OK no upgrade for us.  On June 27th we got an e-mail stating we received   our upgrade bid.  We were on the Caribbean Princess and really enjoyed the extra space and the window even if the view was of a lifeboat.

This close to sailing, yield management is working on cabin assignments and could have temporarily blocked all cabins so there isn't any conflict of a new passenger booking taking a cabin that yield management needs to fulfill cabin assignments/upgrades.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:59 PM, sandyoftheseas said:

We went on a Princess cruise July 1st -8th.  We were in a inside cabin and bid on an obstructed oceanview for $45pp.   About 4 weeks before the cruise the website showed all the oceanview rooms were sold out so I thought OK no upgrade for us.  On June 27th we got an e-mail stating we received   our upgrade bid.  We were on the Caribbean Princess and really enjoyed the extra space and the window even if the view was of a lifeboat.

Being new to this bidding process do Princess state what a bid needs to be to upgrade as when we sail late next year we would like to upgrade from an inside to a balcony cabin, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Being new to this bidding process do Princess state what a bid needs to be to upgrade as when we sail late next year we would like to upgrade from an inside to a balcony cabin, thanks.

No, they just have a (highly inaccurate) meter to say what your chances are for a successful bid. 

10 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

You can only bid after final payment so if you really want a different cabin you may want to upgrade now.  After final payment you will get an email stating you can bid for an upgrade and they will show you the different categories and the minimum bid.