Taj X Dinner at Sushi on 5

NMTraveller

6 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Has anyone done this dinner?  What is served?  How was it?

Yes, we did it on Millennium on our Panama Canal East to West cruise. 

Pictures of the menu and food are on my live review on page 20.

I enjoyed it.  A couple of the dishes were too spicy for my DW.  We could not finish everything. 

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is this only available on the first night?

I definitely is not on the first night.  Ours was midway through the cruise. 

I have never seeing it offered on the first night.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, we did it on Millennium on our Panama Canal East to West cruise. 

Pictures of the menu and food are on my live review on page 20.

I enjoyed it.  A couple of the dishes were too spicy for my DW.  We could not finish everything. 

I definitely is not on the first night.  Ours was midway through the cruise. 

I have never seeing it offered on the first night.  

Thanks.  I suppose that it is like the Chefs table.  They list it as noon on the first day but later schedule it during the cruise.

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Thanks.  I suppose that it is like the Chefs table.  They list it as noon on the first day but later schedule it during the cruise.

I did not even see it advertised or hear of it until about 4 or 5 days into the cruise.  I posted the flier in an earlier page (around 12 -15 I think).  We were informed by our waitress in Luminae and signed up for it as a new experience.  

We did it on our cruise on Equinox in September. It was midway through the cruise. The food was excellent. We were talking to our Butler about it and  told him I can't eat spicy food, especially at night and were wondering if it was for us. He notified the Maitre D of Sushi on 5 and, except for one dish everything, was fine for me. 

Our only complaint was about the noise.  Dinner started before the entertainment in the grand foyer. By the time we were finishing the main course the music was so loud we had to leave. Had we known we would have requested a table in the back by the windows.  I would definitely book it again

• Thanks 1

We have done the Taj dinner six or seven times.  We just completed a series of three cruises on the Edge, where it wasn't offered, but was offered last March and April on a series of four cruises on the Eclipse.  

We have never seen it offered at noon, nor has it ever been offered on embarkation day.  They need time to sell it and our experience is that it will sell out.  Frequently the maitre 'ds know about it.  Each time we have done it the food was excellent.  Served family style and many dishes to sample.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I did not even see it advertised or hear of it until about 4 or 5 days into the cruise.  I posted the flier in an earlier page (around 12 -15 I think).  We were informed by our waitress in Luminae and signed up for it as a new experience.  

DaKahuna, did you take a photo of the menu?  Regardless, DH and I would love to sign up for the Taj X dinner on our cruise on Connie this week and into New Years Eve.  (We enjoyed the Indian menu shortly after Sushi on 5 replaced Bistro on 5, so it's been years...........)

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We did it on our cruise on Equinox in September. It was midway through the cruise. The food was excellent. We were talking to our Butler about it and  told him I can't eat spicy food, especially at night and were wondering if it was for us. He notified the Maitre D of Sushi on 5 and, except for one dish everything, was fine for me. 

Our only complaint was about the noise.  Dinner started before the entertainment in the grand foyer. By the time we were finishing the main course the music was so loud we had to leave. Had we known we would have requested a table in the back by the windows.  I would definitely book it again

CHEZMARYLOU, as always, your tips are GREAT!.  We board Connie on Saturday for 21 days (B2B2B) and want to see about a Taj X dinner in Sushi on 5.  And we will be certain to request a table in the back by the windows (contrary to where we usually sit for lunch in  Sushi on 5).  Thanks for that detail.  😃