Wine in suite

HopefulCruiser123

We are going to be in a sky suite for a 2 week transatlantic.  I have a few questions about having bottles of wine in our suite.

I have read on these boards that we will be permitted to bring one bottle each on board.

Question #1 - is that limitation the same for cruises longer than 7 days?

Question #2 - I think on our last cruise (10 years ago), our cats surprised us with a couple bottles that were waiting for us in our suite on embarkation day. 😺. Can we (they) still do that?

Question #3 - Can we buy a bottle of wine once on the ship and bring it back to our suite?

Your cats must be related to ours! They have sent us wine onboard, too! Such smart and kind felines. 

You can order gift wine in advance through your reservation. I've just looked at our upcoming cruise and there aren't many options (Veuve Cliquot and a Pinot Noir package) but that could be because we're sailing in a few days ... 

27 minutes ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

We are going to be in a sky suite for a 2 week transatlantic.  I have a few questions about having bottles of wine in our suite.

I have read on these boards that we will be permitted to bring one bottle each on board.

Question #1 - is that limitation the same for cruises longer than 7 days?

Yes. It's per cruise but people have brought wine back from a port of call and sometimes it is not taken by security and held to the end of the cruise.  Sometimes it is.  YMMV

Question #2 - I think on our last cruise (10 years ago), our cats surprised us with a couple bottles that were waiting for us in our suite on embarkation day. 😺. Can we (they) still do that?

Yes. 

Question #3 - Can we buy a bottle of wine once on the ship and bring it back to our suite?

Yes

Any bottle of wine you buy on the ship (through the online cruise planner ahead of time or once on board in a bar or restaurant) can be carried with you anywhere you want on the ship (you suite, another bar/lounge, another restaurant, etc.). I have done this many times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Very easy to do.  You can order a bottle of wine with dinner and take the rest back to the stateroom or get an unopened bottle to take to your quarters and your steward will bring you a corkscrew and glasses.

Thank you. I didn’t know that. 

Lower end suites get a free bottle of sparkling wine, higher end champagne, if you don’t like sparkling wine you should be able to trade it for something else. I traded a champagne for 2 bottles of decoy Cabernet on last cruise earlier this year.