Direct phone number for excursion department?

oldfashioncruiser

It is about excursions on the last day and what time it drops you off at the airport.  They just say “for flights after 5 or 3”.     Which means they probably drop you off 3 hours before if it is international.   All of them would have us at the airport over 6 1/2 hours before our flight.   We just had that happen with a week land tour.  No one was at the desk to check us in until 3 hours before.  No chairs to sit on.  Very uncomfortable and is not the way I had wanted to start a long international flight.

That was a waste of 75 minutes.    They kept putting me on hold and saying they would check.   And I kept saying “ please just transfer me to the excursion department so I can ask the questions and not waste both your time and mine!”  He just quoted the information that is listed under each excursion.

Oh well, will just play it by ear.    

thanks for all your suggestions.

We did a disembarkation excursion from the port of Miami with Royal Caribbean (same parent company) that was advertised for guests with flights after 3pm. We got dropped off at the Fort Lauderdale airport around 12:15.

For something like that, you might be better off finding your own private tour to pick you up at the shop and bring you to the airport.  That way, you can ensure you are dropped off at rhe time you want.  Otherwise,  you likely will be spending hours killing time at the airport

• Like 1

Could you wait until you are on board? Sometimes the on board staff know some details that the call centre may not.

However, I would think that since the excursion has to accommodate as many people as possible, so people will book it, the drop off time will probably be quite early.

We took a ship’s excursion in Honolulu. We left the ship and got on the bus at 8:30 am. The excursion was scheduled to drop us at the airport between 12 and 1. One of the bus passengers asked if we could have an extended excursion because everyone had flights after 5 pm. The driver was okay with it but one person wanted to be dropped early. So we all wound up  at the airport at 11:30 am - and our flight was at 10:00 pm. Never again. We’ll do a private excursion again before wasting a full day. 

Rather than an excursion why not look at booking a day room? 

If you look up ‘Hotels by day’ the usual stay is 9am to 5pm…You could enjoy a day poolside with a leisurely lunch and then shower and fly nice and fresh. Just had a quick look and prices are varied but seems to be plenty of choices on offer. 

13 hours ago, CaptFantastic said:

Could you wait until you are on board? Sometimes the on board staff know some details that the call centre may not.

However, I would think that since the excursion has to accommodate as many people as possible, so people will book it, the drop off time will probably be quite early.

I believe I saw a note that you have to book prior to boarding.  But I can not find it now.

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Rather than an excursion why not look at booking a day room? 

If you look up ‘Hotels by day’ the usual stay is 9am to 5pm…You could enjoy a day poolside with a leisurely lunch and then shower and fly nice and fresh. Just had a quick look and prices are varied but seems to be plenty of choices on offer. 

That is a great idea.   I did look into that years ago but nothing was available.   Are you talking about a hotel near the airport?   I really like that idea.   If we stay on the ship, they will deal with our luggage but if we want to change clothes after a shower, our luggage may be hard to locate and I certainly do not want to drag a carryon around the ship for the day.  A backpack would be fine.   Thanks for the suggestion