Which toiletries on Iona?

The Med

I’m not fussy about toiletry brands so I’ll be happy with whatever is provided. I don’t want to take stuff if it’s already there..

So obviously shower gel and shampoo will be there but will they have body lotion and hair conditioner?

1 hour ago, The Med said:

I’m not fussy about toiletry brands so I’ll be happy with whatever is provided. I don’t want to take stuff if it’s already there..

So obviously shower gel and shampoo will be there but will they have body lotion and hair conditioner?

Yes, but they are on request, as are face cloths. Asked our room steward when she introduced herself and she brought them straight over.

• Like 1

Some folk say they have had problems trying to get body lotion and hair conditioner; in the four cruises we have been on this year on both Iona and Arvia, we have always been supplied both when we have asked our cabin steward for them. 

I've done 6 cruises on 4 different ships in the fleet since resuming cruising 16 months ago and have always received body lotion, conditioner and flannels as soon as I asked cabin steward for them. 

On the non-toiletries front as well, I noticed on my latest cruise on Ventura last week that the usual little packs of biscuits and notepad and pen in cabin were missing. I just put it down to yet more cutbacks and didn't enquire about them. But someone at my table mentioned towards the end of the cruise that these are now "on request". So I asked next morning and the steward produced them right away.

On Arvia in May we didn't get biscuits, but I had a packet that I had bought with us and had left it on the counter. From the next day on the steward provided biscuits. We were also on Britannia this year and we didn't biscuits. We had a pen and notepad provided on both but until this year I haven't had a notepad provided only a pen. Things do seem to be a bit random.

Edited by purplesea

14 hours ago, The Med said:

We were on Iona in November.

In the shower there is a container of shower gel and a container of shampoo.

Next to the sink there is a container of Liquid soap.

No other toiletries were there.

We always bring our own toiletries which we know in case of any allergic reactions with the ships toiletries.

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were on Iona in November.

In the shower there is a container of shower gel and a container of shampoo.

Next to the sink there is a container of Liquid soap.

No other toiletries were there.

We always bring our own toiletries which we know in case of any allergic reactions with the ships toiletries.

I can honestly say that I have never, knowingly, suffered an allergic reaction to any toiletries. 

Except when my Mum decided I needed help to clean behind my ears, that certainly hurt and made my ears red, but that was a very long lifetime ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I can honestly say that I have never, knowingly, suffered an allergic reaction to any toiletries. 

Except when my Mum decided I needed help to clean behind my ears, that certainly hurt and made my ears red, but that was a very long lifetime ago.

I have had a reaction with cruise line soap on P&O and Royal Caribbean so I always bring Simple soap which I use at home.