The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday, December 24th, 2023

kazu

Good evening.  We just finished watching White Christmas and Holiday Inn.  Last night, we watched A Christmas Story, so we've seen all the big Christmas movies except Christmas Vacation.  Maybe tomorrow night, but who knows.

We also watched the annual neighborhood ATV parade.  A group of people in the neighborhood decorate their ATVs and cars and drive down all the streets.  Some of the ATVs were really decorated this year.

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all, we arrived with no problems at all today.  Weather is great compared to last year.  Sadie and Milo are excited to have us here.  DD has made a lot of changes around the house so has been showing me all the different decor, etc.  Hope all are enjoying their family time so far.  Late birthday wishes to Sarah, Graham @grapau27🎂

Time for some Darwin photos! 

If you don't like heat and humidity, be glad that you haven't been to Darwin! 🥵 I was there twice, in Nov. of 2013 on Diamond Princess and in October of 2017 on Sun Princess.  And even though I hate heat and humidity I'm not sorry I was there because I love seeing Australia.

When you arrive in Darwin, you walk off the ship and head through a park-like area towards an ELEVATOR so that you can head into the downtown area.  Yes, an elevator.  It's a very unique place.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Walking through the park

Approaching the glass elevator area

Leaving the elevator looking back towards the park and water.

Christmas decorations seen along our walkways, since this picture was taken in late November.

Heading towards the shopping areas of town we passed by statues and town hall ruins.

We also walked near the Parliament building

Wanna go for a boat ride?

When we reached the downtown area, we noticed the overhead sun protection and misting stations to keep people comfortable while they shopped.  Something I haven't seen too often in my travels.

I don't suppose they'd mind if you slipped off your shoes and cooled your feet in this spot.

You could even learn a little history if you took the time to read this bronze plaque.

By this time we were ready to retrace our steps and enter the cool air conditioned interior of our cruise ship.  Even with their tropical climate, I am willing to visit the capital of the Northern Territory anytime!!

Sandi, thanks for sharing your pictures of Darwin.  Glad y9u made it safely to your DDs.

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas Eve.

I am sorry for not posting earlier.

I have a bad sore throat and it is affecting my ears and having a hard time swallowing.

Also seem to have a stomach bug.

Not the greatest way to start Christmas.

Hope everyone is having a great day.  

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry you are sick, but glad it's not Covid.  

3 hours ago, daisybertie said:

It’s lunch time on Christmas Day here in south east Australia. It’s raining and windy, very unlike the usual weather depicted for Christmas in Australia! 
Reading the Daily each day has been a real pleasure and would like to wish all of the Dailyites a Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2024.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Merry Christmas sweet Joy and dear Allen!!🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Maui is wonderful did a lot of trimming of hedges and was able to connect back with a lot of our neighbors and the ocean is wonderful!! We are enjoying to be at our other home and are blessed. I wanted to wish you and Allen as well as all our DAILYITES a very Merry Christmas, and pray to all that need the prayers GOD BLESS!

Here is a painting I did of our dear Paisley 5 years ago!! She is 14 years old and the

Apple of our eye! She is so blessed! 
Joy what a wonderful gift you received!!

you have a presence that creates positivity and so much love!

🌺🌺Aloha sweet sis

Denise 🥰

Denise,  great picture of Paisley.

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

From our Beautiful Canaletto waiter tonight!

20231224_194125.jpg

20231224_194103.jpg

Joy, whatba sweet note from your waiter.

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

The Lumpia turned out good!  I did a test first, 300 degrees 10 minutes -- they were crispy but not quite browned enough to my liking so I did more at 325 and they did brown up a little more.  Not like the deep fryer, but as long as they're crispy and not lily white we're happy.  I'd post photos but we ate them too fast!  

Carolyn, I'm glad the Lumpia turned out good.  

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20231225_010137.thumb.jpg.5c9f6e916ecfdd94df51958e828c7af1.jpg

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 44°F and cloudy at 08.26am.

Happy Christmas day everyone.

Graham xx

4f103cba267f14a5ab69b2ebac9606e0.gif

Merry Christmas. 

We are preparing for Midnight Mass on K'dam.20231225_005444.thumb.jpg.af834dfa6a6c5cd4f1cb058b4429c856.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1