Booked a GTY Suite and was assigned a cabin right away - normal?

chereya

I have been keeping tabs on the pricing for my upcoming cruise. I was already booked in a Concierge cabin on 11 and decided to upgrade to a GTY Suite. My TA called into Celeb and I guess since today's a holiday and a weekend, the person on the other end was taking a very long time to make the changes. By the time she came back, she was very surprised to let me know that they had already assigned me a cabin number - it was one of the MCSS. I'm not unhappy - just surprised. It does take away some of the mystery and hope that I might have gotten something in a higher category 😆 Is this normal for Celebrity to assign a GTY the same time of booking? Is this cabin assignment set or subject to a future change? I'm perfectly happy with the MCSS where it is, but all the mystery is gone of what could be. 😂

16 hours ago, chereya said:

I have been keeping tabs on the pricing for my upcoming cruise. I was already booked in a Concierge cabin on 11 and decided to upgrade to a GTY Suite. My TA called into Celeb and I guess since today's a holiday and a weekend, the person on the other end was taking a very long time to make the changes. By the time she came back, she was very surprised to let me know that they had already assigned me a cabin number - it was one of the MCSS. I'm not unhappy - just surprised. It does take away some of the mystery and hope that I might have gotten something in a higher category 😆 Is this normal for Celebrity to assign a GTY the same time of booking? Is this cabin assignment set or subject to a future change? I'm perfectly happy with the MCSS where it is, but all the mystery is gone of what could be. 😂

Perfectly normal based on our experience. 

This is not guaranteed, but if you have a good travel agent you can ask to change your assigned stat room. They will then call Celebrlty and ask if this is possible. There are no guarantees, but we have done this before. Once we even snagged 6145 onboard Millennium which is arguably one of the vest M class Sky Suites on the ship. 

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

Perfectly normal based on our experience. 

This is not guaranteed, but if you have a good travel agent you can ask to change your assigned stat room. They will then call Celebrlty and ask if this is possible. There are no guarantees, but we have done this before. Once we even snagged 6145 onboard Millennium which is arguably one of the vest M class Sky Suites on the ship. 

You allowed to change your cabin as long as it is the same category 

• Haha 1

I'm pretty happy with the MCSS I was assigned. I did get the gist that they are less popular because of the mental undesirability of having the MC potentially moving up and down outside. I am looking forward to having the larger, protected bumped out balcony. 🙂  I figure that by going the GTY route vs choosing the MCSS category, I've already saved about $1k.

That being said, I do still plan to keep tabs on the suite GTY price and watch for future downward price adjustments. If I was going to do a price adjustment re-book, I suppose I could try, based on cabin availability at that time, to ask about releasing my assigned cabin and take my chances again with an unassigned GTY?