New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

As @SCX22 suggested, he immediately jumped to defense mode, saying that too many people were using the app to change their dining reservations and it messed up the booking system, so that’s why it’s no longer possible to access future cruises.  SMH.

Now that is hilarious.  It has been since I can remember, once OB, you only see your current cruise.

Have to go to the website to work on other cruises, if you are OB.

Has nothing to do with people changing dining reservations.  😳

Remember, you don’t always get great IT help OB.  We’ve had crew members trained on the App and quickly shoved into the Internet cafe to answer questions.  He should not be there with duch an attitude.  SMH

Thanks so much for your feedback. 

Enjoy your cruise.

I always wondered who these people work for?  Princess? 3rd party?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Remember, you don’t always get great IT help OB.  We’ve had crew members trained on the App and quickly shoved into the Internet cafe to answer questions.  He should not be there with such an attitude.  SMH

I'll start off by saying that I like Princess. A lot. And the waitstaff and cabin stewards we've had have been great. I know most people here won't agree with this, but nearly all the customer service and such like people that we've come into contact with over the years have been simply chock full of attitude. We're not really high maintenance people, so there haven't been that many, but I can recall some instances that were real dillies on how not to do customer service. 

I'm sorry that anybody is getting such poor assistance on the app.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As is always the case, the people doing the technical work are not the ones doing customer service.  The customer service people deal with the problems, the angry customers, and the people who are just lost in the entire process.  They keep sending notes to the tech team who is either diligently working on the known problems or is just straggling back to work after taking extra vacation time following the holidays.  

I had an exchange with one on X and then a follow up phone call.  They were anxious that I was ready to cruise and also collecting information on the issues I had found with the new app.  I noticed, though, that after a few days on X, Facebook, and Instagram that the reps stopped engaging people about the new app.  By then they had heard it all again and again, they had passed the word on to the tech team, and couldn't do or say anything else.  That's where it all stands right now.

• Like 2

Can't login with username and password.  Pretty evident that pre-release testing was minimal, if any.  I assume from what others are saying that you can login with your booking number.  That's not exactly convenient however.  You would think login might be one of the things they chose to test before releasing. 

Edited by Don_In_AZ

2 minutes ago, Don_In_AZ said:

Can't login with username and password.  Pretty evident that pre-release testing was minimal.  You would think login might be one of the things they chose to test though.

It's hit and miss. I'm able to log in the new app using my same Username and Password I use for the website. Same with the old app. 

3 minutes ago, Don_In_AZ said:

Can't login with username and password.  Pretty evident that pre-release testing was minimal.  I assume from what others are saying that you can login with your booking number.  That's not exactly convenient however.  You would think login might be one of the things they chose to test before releasing. 

We could never log in with our PCL userid/password on the old app either. But on the bright side, we usually stay logged in indefinitely when we use the booking number login process.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Don_In_AZ said:

Can't login with username and password.  Pretty evident that pre-release testing was minimal, if any.  I assume from what others are saying that you can login with your booking number.  That's not exactly convenient however.  You would think login might be one of the things they chose to test before releasing. 

That issue was supposedly fixed right off.  It did work for me.  At first it was only booking number, but after they announced the "fix" I was able to log in as usual.  I did see something about using upper/lower case + special characters being enforced.  I already do that, so I can't speak to it being required or not.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Lol.  Don’t think it’s by choice, for those of us that have cruises coming up soon! 🥴

I have a two-week cruise sailing last week of February and first week of March.  I have been green lane since a year ago.  I don't plan to botch it up by downloading an experimental app this close to sailing.  Since you indicate it's not by choice, what happens if I just don't even bother getting or using the new app?  We're green lane, medallions are ordered, and shipping billed, why would I need the new app in the first place?  I will not give permission to the 3rd party gaming vendor, so I won't miss that feature or the nonsense which seems to follow that denial of permission.

Normally I'm game to try out something new, but the last time Princess came out with an app, I spent many frustrating hours trying to get it to work the way they said it would.  That tends to take the fun out of cruising.  I think I spent more time trying to get the d**m app to work than I spent being onboard the ship.

39 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have a two-week cruise sailing last week of February and first week of March.  I have been green lane since a year ago.  I don't plan to botch it up by downloading an experimental app this close to sailing.  Since you indicate it's not by choice, what happens if I just don't even bother getting or using the new app?  We're green lane, medallions are ordered, and shipping billed, why would I need the new app in the first place?  I will not give permission to the 3rd party gaming vendor, so I won't miss that feature or the nonsense which seems to follow that denial of permission.

Normally I'm game to try out something new, but the last time Princess came out with an app, I spent many frustrating hours trying to get it to work the way they said it would.  That tends to take the fun out of cruising.  I think I spent more time trying to get the d**m app to work than I spent being onboard the ship.

I downloaded the new and kept the old just in case.  I was very concerned as well but the new app has been great so far.  The only downside I have noticed is that it only shows one cruise, not future ones.  Approximately mid February I heard the old app will become obsolete.  Also all my information from the old app did transfer seamlessly to the new.  Change is difficult at times but I am hopeful the new app will be better in the future, wishful thinking perhaps. 

Happy Sailing!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

I downloaded the new and kept the old just in case.  I was very concerned as well but the new app has been great so far.  The only downside I have noticed is that it only shows one cruise, not future ones.  Approximately mid February I heard the old app will become obsolete.  Also all my information from the old app did transfer seamlessly to the new.  Change is difficult at times but I am hopeful the new app will be better in the future, wishful thinking perhaps. 

Happy Sailing!

Agree, except the shoreside CC info requirement. I believe that needs to be optional. As it was in the previous app. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Lol.  Don’t think it’s by choice, for those of us that have cruises coming up soon! 🥴

Willing to give it a try, working great but definitely kept the old one as we are boarding soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree, except the shoreside CC info requirement. Most of us believe that needs to be optional. As it was in the previous app. 

Oh wow it was optional for me, we have never used that option on either app.  *** Correction realized I did Ocean Ready tasks on old and info. transferred to new.  Agree with you I would not like that requirement as well.

Edited by Cruisintimer

20 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the response, but I still question the need for it if it has the potential to screw up our boarding.  I've been reading that if you don't give permission to share your CC info with the gaming app, then you're taken out of "Green Lane" unless you give that permission.  I'm not convinced that I'll have any need for the app once I'm onboard.  I can made my reservations a while back, so I don't need it for that.

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks for the response, but I still question the need for it if it has the potential to screw up our boarding.  I've been reading that if you don't give permission to share your CC info with the gaming app, then you're taken out of "Green Lane" unless you give that permission.  I'm not convinced that I'll have any need for the app once I'm onboard.  I can made my reservations a while back, so I don't need it for that.

I didn't fill in the Shoreside payment method on the new app, but it still has me in the Green lane when I sail tomorrow.  Images here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2980992-new-princess-app-available/?do=findComment&comment=66690085

Edited by nazpaz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I don’t think it will matter. You’ve done your checkin, in the green lane, OM will be shipped.  

Print your travel summary, OM and travel documents and you’re set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

Oh wow it was optional for me, we have never used that option on either app.  *** Correction realized I did Ocean Ready tasks on old and info. transferred to new.  Agree with you I would not like that requirement as well.

In the new app? So you didn't fill out the shoreside CC info requirement in the new app and you both are 7/7 in the Green Lane? 

Edited by doghog

Can anyone show me how to access my Travel Summary in the new app? Is that even possible?

I am still using the old app until Princess tells me I can’t. There are still too many glitches and necessities missing or not working.

4 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

Can anyone show me how to access my Travel Summary in the new app? Is that even possible?

I am still using the old app until Princess tells me I can’t. There are still too many glitches and necessities missing or not working.

Click on the "Luggage Tags and Documents" link under the Travel Checklist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do you still need to print the luggage tags from the web page?

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Do you still need to print the luggage tags from the web page?

You can, or once you’re 75 days from sailing, you’ll see the link on the App.

I just do it from the website from my PC, as well as the Travel Summary.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

And how do I get there?  On my iPhone. Can someone guide me from “home”?

I understand it’s too soon to see luggage tags, but I’d like to know where they’ve hidden the travel summary.  Not to mention OBC. 

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can, or once you’re 75 days from sailing, you’ll see the link on the App.

I just do it from the website from my PC, as well as the Travel Summary.

So whatever device you have the app on would need to have access to a printer?

I always printed from my PC as well, I thought the luggage tags weren't even available in the old app.

Edited by Daniel A

Just now, BamaVol said:

And how do I get there?  On my iPhone. Can someone guide me from “home”?

I understand it’s too soon to see luggage tags, but I’d like to know where they’ve hidden the travel summary.  Not to mention OBC. 

28 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

My bad. I was on the Old app. I am with all of you with regards to the new App. I can't find it anywhere. Sorry about that.