NCL Hero Cards and Post Cruise Reviews

seemoreroyals

This whole spam discussion reminds me of an a favorite movie of mine…

We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam a lot

1 hour ago, roxette said:

From what I have heard, it is much better to email than to hand in a written card. 

Both

On board, the Hero cards first go to the Department Head, reviewed and then given to that particular person.  Once a month, a employee of the Month is honored.

Emails would go to the Corporate Office in Miami, and eventually make it back to that particular ship, Department Head and then to the particular staff member.

Given all the staff changes about to happen, a positive "Hero" card could mean an assignment to the Aqua, a promotion, re-assignment to another replacing someone heading to the Aqua.

Also given yesterday's announcement, Hero cards could become even more important to staff members than have been.  How they plan to implement the announcements made yesterday at the New York Stock Exchange remains to be seen.

Opening a ship is hard, backbreaking work. Waiters building and carrying hundreds of heavy chairs and tables. Stewards moving and setting up furniture. All without the benefit of hero cards and cash tips. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Opening a ship is hard, backbreaking work. Waiters building and carrying hundreds of heavy chairs and tables. Stewards moving and setting up furniture. All without the benefit of hero cards and cash tips. 

EXACTLY!!!  Hard work by everyone on board-- Engine Room, Galley, Hotel staff, Restaurant staff, and the Bridge Team.  As always, prayers and best wishes for all those selected to open The Aqua.

9 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

SPAM fried rice is great.

Lol…forgot I even posted that.  Yes, I actually agree a Spam fried rice would be tasty.  Now, I haven’t read the recent posts…but, don’t be surprised if NCL takes your endorsement to heart for a revised Teppanyaki menu…especially since the strip loin is such an unpopular protein.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Lol…forgot I even posted that.  Yes, I actually agree a Spam fried rice would be tasty.  Now, I haven’t read the recent posts…but, don’t be surprised if NCL takes your endorsement to heart for a revised Teppanyaki menu…especially since the strip loin is such an unpopular protein.

We might visit Teppanyaki if they did Spam fried rice. Otherwise we will pass. 

Just read the recent posts since returning from the Vancouver-Seward-Anchorage cruise on Monday. 

This is the first cruise where DH encouraged me to get/fill Vacation Hero cards…since he did watch a YT video which said you should…lol.

The staff and crew (mostly crew) were exceptional.  We filled out around 9-11 cards.  In reflection, most were wine stewards, bar waiters, Bev Mgr., waiters. I guess you could say we like to drink and eat.

but, we did go out of our way this cruise to recognize those who made our cruise even more special.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1