Does Moderno's still have Lamb Chops, Rack of Lamb and Beef Ribs?

ready2cruzagain

I was just on NCL's website and looked at Moderno's menu. Did they get rid of the Lamb Chops, Rack of Lamb, Parmesan and Wine Pork Sausage and Beef Ribs?  Here is the menu they are showing on the website. Below that is the one I have had in the past. 

23.thumb.png.4e79f70933ef5f4f3cca67069189b68d.png

Here is the one I have had in the past

25.png.90940033878e959f04a924d7956b902c.png

• Like 2

@ready2cruzagain  Best wishes for a great cruise ahead and more ahead in 2024.  YMMV, depending on specific ship & availabilities I can only say that as far as the Escape was concerned back in September, the "newer" menu options appeared more closely reflected what their offering was ... on the Getaway almost a year ago and it occured to me fewer options & selections were attributed to supply chain & logistics.  True for the salad bar choices, which as we all know then, easily a full meal by itself ... and it still do & possible, just not reflecting the MSRP or "full" fixed price, that hardly anyone paid for.  Bumped out, solely to raise that extra, marginal 20% gratitude as charged or collected.  

It is what it is, most of us get it "free" and/or likely included if we get the complimentary voucher for being Platinum or higher.  Reflecting the cost-cutting & savings trend to use different grades of meat ... other cruise lines aren't different and doing the same or similar - meanwhile, ships are booked most solid and sailing full, and getting chartered.  

• Like 2

No more bacon wrapped filet, no more lamb chops ☹️. And the protein served is lower quality…along with the frequency skewers coming around is further (a lot) apart.  Moderno has fallen to the bottom of our dining choice…in fact, we’d probably select dinner buffet before Moderno.  So sad.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

No more bacon wrapped filet, no more lamb chops ☹️. And the protein served is lower quality…along with the frequency skewers coming around is further (a lot) apart.  Moderno has fallen to the bottom of our dining choice…in fact, we’d probably select dinner buffet before Moderno.  So sad.

17 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

They replaced lamb chops with lamb sirloin. Next round of cuts they'll probably replace with sheep burger.

Oh boy an I disappointed. We are on a 3 week cruise and have it booked twice. I will definitely have to book something else. Thanks guys

• Like 1

I went to Moderno's on my Breakaway cruise a month ago on the second night.

Moderno's has always been a fave of mine but it was SO disappointing this time around. The salad bar is still very good as is the grilled pineapple. All of the meat choices, which has really been whittled down the last couple of years regarding a strong variety for guests, were so absolutely flavorless. 😐  I actually spoke with the restaurant manager about it and he said there'd been a bunch of feedback that the meats were "too salty" or "too spicy" so the result of that feedback has been them basically grilling almost all that meat with no seasoning. There was one meat (I can't recall which at the moment) that was seasoned with lemon & supposedly rosemary and all I could kind of taste was lemon. Even the parmesan drummettes were flat.

You can't cook meat without seasoning. My next cruise, if I go to Moderno at all, it'll just be for the salad bar, black bean stew, and pineapple until they start seasoning the meat before cooking it.