How to change password on Princess.com

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

I have tried many times, using different browsers, at different times of day, after having deleted cookies, after rebooting... nothing works.

I would have thought that of all the functionality on the website that login in and being able to change your password were two of the most important to work.

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, private92656 said:

Once you log in, click on "My Account", then "My Profile", followed by "Login Information", and "I would like to update my password".

The reason I wanted to change the password was because it won't let me log in. I am certain that I have the correct password as I use a well-known password manager so it is all recorded but I thought that I'd change the password rather than fight it to let me in with the one I already had.

So I can't log in either 😞

Guest Snaxmuppet
14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You will not be able to change your password unless you can get logged in.  You'll have to do "forgot password".

Yes I know... Forgot password doesn't work either.

54 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Interesting should work.  I would love to try it for you in changing my password however, I don’t trust Princess IT.  Try logging in with your booking number assuming you have an upcoming cruise. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I have tried many times, using different browsers, at different times of day, after having deleted cookies, after rebooting... nothing works.

I would have thought that of all the functionality on the website that login in and being able to change your password were two of the most important to work.

I think I had a problem like this a few years ago.  If I remember correctly, I simply signed up again with Princess and eventually was linked back to my account through my Captain's Circle number.

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Interesting should work.  I would love to try it for you in changing my password however, I don’t trust Princess IT.  Try logging in with your booking number assuming you have an upcoming cruise. 

I can log in with my booking number. There is no option to change passwords then as I am not logged in to my account.

4 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I can log in with my booking number. There is no option to change passwords then as I am not logged in to my account.

left upper side

Menu

My Account

My profile 

Account/contact info  (Move down to)

18 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Then it has to be a corrupt

account data issue. You need PCL to fix this for you.  
Have you emailed IT with all the

information, so they can correct your account?

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Or, call into Princess and submit a ticket for it to be corrected.

Do not sign up or register for another account, as that will make it worse.

Guest Snaxmuppet
13 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

That worked! Thanks.

But I tried that several times earlier today and yesterday and on each occasion I got the reset email but it would not reset. 

This time it did. Thanks again.

I can't believe that the login is so flakey though.

3 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

That worked! Thanks.

But I tried that several times earlier today and yesterday and on each occasion I got the reset email but it would not reset. 

This time it did. Thanks again.

I can't believe that the login is so flakey though.

Your welcome.  That's why we are here for to help others.  I'm glad that it work out ok. 

2 hours ago, LynnSD said:

I have the same problem and could never figure out how to solve it.  
Now I just use my spouse’s acct for random browsing.  When I have a cruise booked I can sign in by using the cruise booking number.  

My husband has been doing this for about a year now.  Would be so nice if this could be an easy fix.  Unfortunately we have 4 cruises in the next 15 months, so are reluctant to keep messing with it in case he gets locked out.

1 hour ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I've tried to change my password and my username - the username is our old email account, so Princess sends the link the old email (even though I've updated the email address for our accounts), which I can't access!

This should be an easy fix...just call in and the rep *should* be able to help you...or maybe better, use the email listed above from @PacnGoNow and give them the details (old AND new email accounts) and they will take care of it.  Then...you should be able to do a password change normally.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sounds like you either have a corrupt account or local computer issues. You've already done all the "normal" things to resolve this. I don't know what to tell you...

Sounds like your email address on file got corrupted.  

In the pop-up login box for Princess.com, there is a  "Need help?" link.  Click that and select forgot user id.  Another input form appears and you enter Name, BD, and a Contact Email.  Try that and see if you get a response.

ETA:  After getting to bottom of pre-existing posts, I see your problem is solved.

Edited by Steelers36

Something is wrong with their website.  I can get in but I am unable to change it.  I get this each time:  We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS.

The only thing their people overseas can offer is for me to try to do it via incognito.  That ends in the same results.