New to Princess: Adding Cash to Stateroom Acct

New2cruise2022

I’ve had no problem adding cash to my stateroom account on other cruise lines. It was add at customer service (there were limits for how much per transaction) but then when the final bill was settled, the cash paid instead of all going to card. 

I know I still need a card on file, but I like using cash. Any experiences or tips that I should know with Princess in regard to this?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’ve had no problem adding cash to my stateroom account on other cruise lines. It was add at customer service (there were limits for how much per transaction) but then when the final bill was settled, the cash paid instead of all going to card. 

I know I still need a card on file, but I like using cash. Any experiences or tips that I should know with Princess in regard to this?

I always use cash for my onboard account. On embarkation day, I go to guest services and tell them I want to use cash instead of the card. They have a paper that I sign. I’ve had no problems at all doing this. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Clampram said:

Am I missing something here? Isn't it just as easy to load cash onto your cruise personalizer pre cruise which will be there to spend when you board??

To add cash pre-cruise you actually have to charge your credit or debit card. Some use actual currency so their credit/debit accounts don't get hit. So, yes it is easy pre-cruise, but it's not the same.

5 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Two weeks ago on boarding SKY, went straight to GS and added cash onto our account.

At end of cruise, what we didn’t spend they gave back to us in cash.

Happy New Year 

Nancy 🍹

But for those interested in this topic...YOU have to initiate this refund at GS.  They're not going to come looking for you!

• Like 1