uber or taxi prices from FLL to Hyatt place

sun&sea

It's been a few years since we have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale. What is the current rate for a taxi versus Uber to go from the airport to the Hyatt place SE 10th Ave? (just off of 17th) I attempted to get a price from the Uber app, but it was giving me $25-$30. This seems quite high, but maybe this is how it is now??? 

Just curious if anyone knows of recent pricing. 

39 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

We used Uber from FLL airport to Hyatt Place on 12/2/2023 at 9:00 PM for $15.90 before tips.

We also took Uber from Hyatt Place to Port Everglades (terminal 18) on 12/3/2023 at 10:40 AM for $9.91 before tips.

That is more like I remember. Thank you for your response.

Janet

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

That Hyatt Place now uses a service for shuttling to and from airport.  We paid $9 each last month.  Had to wait about 15 minutes.

Thank you. I thought I would call them and ask about the shuttle. Might be easier for us!

4 hours ago, sun&sea said:

Thank you. I thought I would call them and ask about the shuttle. Might be easier for us!

Just call hotel when you have your bags and they will send a shuttle.  The sign on the van was a bit small to see.  Be sure you get the correct one, as there is another one that goes to the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach.

November 29 2023 Uber from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Hyatt Place was $14,93 before tip. Next day we took UBER XL to Port Everglades Terminal 25 for $16 before tip.

6 hours ago, celly said:

November 29 2023 Uber from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Hyatt Place was $14,93 before tip. Next day we took UBER XL to Port Everglades Terminal 25 for $16 before tip.

My point exactly. Why wait for an uber when there are plenty of taxi waiting. Are you gonna save 50 cents. 

We made this mistake of trying a ride share when we arrived a few Friday evenings ago in the middle of the holiday rush. We had one cancel on us after waiting. Driver claimed we weren’t there and tried to stick us with a cancellation fee, so I had to dispute that. We then waited quite some time again for a second car. All told, it took us nearly an hour to get to the hotel. It was not worth the few dollars we saved. Will just taxi next time.

Much more success getting to port the next morning. Cost was less than $15 with tip for an XL. It arrived in 5 minutes.

We had the same issue on debarkation. Couldn’t get an Uber or Lyft after 45 minutes of trying. We ended up in a taxi again.

Why stress over this? When you are ready to go to the hotel, check uber/lyft apps for wait time and cost. If they are OK, order the ride. If the taxi line is short, take the taxi. If you don't mind the wait and cost, call the hotel shuttle.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:37 PM, screenname2004 said:

Why stress over this? When you are ready to go to the hotel, check uber/lyft apps for wait time and cost. If they are OK, order the ride. If the taxi line is short, take the taxi. If you don't mind the wait and cost, call the hotel shuttle.

No stress here. Just asking a question, since I haven't been to Ft Lauderdale for a couple years and I have never stayed at the Hyatt Place. All is good.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 9:37 PM, screenname2004 said:

According to the The Hyatt Place web page as of April (near 17th) :

Starting April 10, 2023, all airport transportation needs will be referred and booked directly with Avanti Shuttle for a fee. Call Avanti at +1 954 655 1376 to secure all shuttle transportation.