Luggage question from NCL newbie

Bkmat

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Bottom line: packing cubes are mostly about convenience and organization.  Their main purpose is NOT getting more crap packed into a suitcase.

Those I've seen discuss them here on CC are using them to get more crap into a suitcase.  

I really don't need them for organization since I don't pack a lot.

Two pairs of shoes, two pair of slacks, seven polos, seven pairs of socks, shaving kit.  That's about it.  I can unpack in just less than five minutes.

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Snail mail tags show up more like 50 days out. 

Save your color, b/w is fine. 

Have a great cruise! 

Caution: If there are more than one NCL ships departing from same port/terminal (or 2 terminals next to one other), like New York MCT or Miami, it would be better to print your tags in colour since the ship has its own colour and would help the porters direct the bags to correct ship.

50 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Those I've seen discuss them here on CC are using them to get more crap into a suitcase.  

I really don't need them for organization since I don't pack a lot.

Two pairs of shoes, two pair of slacks, seven polos, seven pairs of socks, shaving kit.  That's about it.  I can unpack in just less than five minutes.

I can unpack in less than one minute!  (see my previous post)😎

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes it is!!  My suitcase is empty, which means it has been unpacked.  Do I need to flowchart this?? 🤣

You might as well claim that if you place your suitcase in the closet it is unpacked.

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

You might as well claim that if you place your suitcase in the closet it is unpacked.

No!!  Because the suitcase would still be full.  It's only unpacked if it is empty.

Like a suitcase would fit in an NCL closet....  🤣

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

No!!  Because the suitcase would still be full.  It's only unpacked if it is empty.

Like a suitcase would fit in an NCL closet....  🤣

It follows then, that you've not unpacked since your packing cubes are still 'packed'.  

The reason I use packing cubes has nothing to do with overpacking. I use them so when my clothing and personal items go thru TSA, I don't have strangers touching my stuff with their grubby hands. Before cubes I used jumbo zip lock bags. And yes, I am OCD.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

The reason I use packing cubes has nothing to do with overpacking. I use them so when my clothing and personal items go thru TSA, I don't have strangers touching my stuff with their grubby hands. Before cubes I used jumbo zip lock bags. And yes, I am OCD.

I think there is treatments for that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

I always remind Mrs. IA that TSA uses gloves when they search a bag. I do not infer how often they may or may not change them.

24 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I always remind Mrs. IA that TSA uses gloves when they search a bag. I do not infer how often they may or may not change them.

Great point.  I'm fairly certain TSA has some very interesting stories about what they find when searching bags.

• Like 1