DV5- deck 3

Tas353

I am planning to go on a cruise with my daughter. Want to keep the price down. Looking at a DV5 on deck 3. In the past I've done a DV2 because of the earlier date to schedule excursions. We will probably be doing the included excursions.  These rooms seem fine to me. Thoughts? or your experience? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tas353 said:

Looking at a DV5 on deck 3. In the past I've done a DV2 because of the earlier date to schedule excursions.

Don’t believe there’s any difference in date between DV2 & DV5 with regards to booking excursions. 

• Like 2

I was on Saturn, deck 3, DV6, cabin 3056.

It was nice to be on a deck where we passed through the atrium on our way to the elevators, instead of a plain passageway.

If your cruise starts after June 1, 2024, the date for booking shore excursions is opening forty days earlier.  For a DV5 that would be 107 days before sailing, instead of 67 days.

There is no substantive difference in cabins or benefits between the DV2-6 cabins other than location. For example, all DV's choose ecursions and restaurants on the same day.  We always book DV6 because we prefer the location (low and centered to help with a smoother ride, as well as easy access to the Deck 1 and 2 services).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

It was nice to be on a deck where we passed through the atrium on our way to the elevators, instead of a plain passageway.

I agree.  We love the DV6 cabins on Deck 3.  We were just in 3044 on the Neptune and are booked in 3040 on the Sky for our upcoming world cruise.  Last year, we had a guarantee cabin and were in a DV4.  We much prefer Deck 3.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HUNKY said:

If your cruise starts after June 1, 2024, the date for booking shore excursions is opening forty days earlier.  For a DV5 that would be 107 days before sailing, instead of 67 days.

We will be on Deck 3 for the first time next month.  I think i might enjoy passing through the Atrium to/from the elevators on the way to our room or just walking up the Atrium stairs.  Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 2

No issue with noise if you are aft of the aft elevators. Noise from the disco is more of a problem for those who are on the starboard rooms (odd numbered) that are closest to it (3057 to about 3051).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...