Moving the beds position

I feel silly asking this question but I’m curious. We have booked a cruise for next year with a huge room and floor to ceiling windows. Sadly the bed is at the other end of the room by the bathroom. I would love to be able to lay down and wake up with the view right next to me. Has anyone heard or ever changed the position of the bed to be closer to the windows? Is it allowed? Thanks for listening!

13 hours ago, Yam123 said:

I feel silly asking this question but I’m curious. We have booked a cruise for next year with a huge room and floor to ceiling windows. Sadly the bed is at the other end of the room by the bathroom. I would love to be able to lay down and wake up with the view right next to me. Has anyone heard or ever changed the position of the bed to be closer to the windows? Is it allowed? Thanks for listening!

Exactly what room type do you have?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

Are you talking about a suite, or just a balcony room?

If it's just a balcony room, there probably isn't room for the bed by the windows.  

I’ve seen the video of the room. It seems to be one of this kind on freedom of the seas. Spacious panoramic ocean view #1150 but it’s pretty big.

9 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Exactly what room type do you 

It seems to be one of this kind on freedom of the seas. Spacious panoramic ocean view #1150 but it’s bigger than other spacious panoramic rooms.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

If you are asking if they can/will switch the locations of the sofa and the bed, if the sofa is next to the balcony, the answer is No. 

no balcony, spacious panoramic ocean view. I would say extra spacious.

Can confirm the beds are relatively light and easy to move, if space allows. Nothing is bolted down. I've put a bed out on the balcony on Quantum class, just can't leave it out there. I exchange the place of the sofa and a bed frequently to give more personal space. Whatever redesign you come up with make sure to put things back in standard locations before you debark.

• Thanks 1

Yes, you can move the furniture around any way that works for you and for which there is room.  2 weeks ago we moved our couch from one side of the room to the other (standard JS) so that our power cords would be accessible to us while sitting on the couch.  We switched spots with the arm chair and the couch but did not try and move the bed, for what it's worth.  The cabin attendant never said a word.  When we left, we moved everything back to its original position.

BTW, we have recently stayed in both the Ocean View Panoramic Suite (no balcony, category VP) and the Spacious Ocean Panoramic View (category 1L) both on deck 12, forward and we loved both of them.  The views are spectacular and both have a lot of room.  Frankly I'm not sure there is enough room to move the beds about but we didn't try that so maybe there is. In the VP you also have the TV console to deal with which would probably make moving furniture very difficult to impossible. The only downsides to these cabins/suites are the fact that you feel EVERY single dip and swirl of the ocean (lots of motion) and the fact that we prefer being aft to being forward due to the location of the CL/SL which we like to frequent.  You DO get tired of trekking the length of the ship several times per day.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Yes, you can move the furniture around any way that works for you and for which there is room.  2 weeks ago we moved our couch from one side of the room to the other (standard JS) so that our power cords would be accessible to us while sitting on the couch.  We switched spots with the arm chair and the couch but did not try and move the bed, for what it's worth.  The cabin attendant never said a word.  When we left, we moved everything back to its original position.

BTW, we have recently stayed in both the Ocean View Panoramic Suite (no balcony, category VP) and the Spacious Ocean Panoramic View (category 1L) both on deck 12, forward and we loved both of them.  The views are spectacular and both have a lot of room.  Frankly I'm not sure there is enough room to move the beds about but we didn't try that so maybe there is. In the VP you also have the TV console to deal with which would probably make moving furniture very difficult to impossible. The only downsides to these cabins/suites are the fact that you feel EVERY single dip and swirl of the ocean (lots of motion) and the fact that we prefer being aft to being forward due to the location of the CL/SL which we like to frequent.  You DO get tired of trekking the length of the ship several times per day.

Check out on YouTube freedom of the seas 1150 . The room is on deck 11 and it’s super spacious. I believe it might be one of it’s kind on the cruise without it being a suite. The motion helps my kids fall asleep at night and I like how it’s on the same deck as the kids splash zone & the windjammer cafe without having to take the elevator . Thank you for all the info!

• Like 1