Reminder: "Behind the Fun" tour is now an Excursion!

defo

Long time cruiser and lurker on these boards, first time posting to make sure people are aware that you need to book the behind the scenes tour as an excursion rather than the old way of running to the front desk!

I'm going on the Firenze inaugural sailing in April and I would've been so upset if I didn't see the behind the scenes excursion!

Screenshot_20240106-162414.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

yes this is how  RCI handles their behind the scene tour, you go to the excursion desk.  

I have done two of these tours, one on Oasis class, and one of Quantum class.

I realize they are both RCI, but any ship behind the scene tour is fascinating and especially getting to the bridge as well as the large kitchens.

1 hour ago, jsparents said:

Just got off the Radiance and they were doing the tour before we left port.

was that the ship tour where cruise staff just walks around with the group saying here is the spa, here is the buffet, here is the mdr, etc or the actual behind the scenes tour with the bridge and gallery? the behind the scenes tour is always on a sea day usually the last day

53 minutes ago, shof515 said:

was that the ship tour where cruise staff just walks around with the group saying here is the spa, here is the buffet, here is the mdr, etc or the actual behind the scenes tour with the bridge and gallery? the behind the scenes tour is always on a sea day usually the last day

When I booked it for my 2024 Tday cruise the site said it was scheduled on the last sea day.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shof515 said:

It's always on a sea day (generally the last sea day).  There's no way it was the behind the scenes tour; they wouldn't even had time to sell it onboard yet (assuming they don't sell out ahead of time).  The crew and the ship are just way too busy on turnaround day to take that much time and be in those places for the length of time the behind the scenes tour takes.  

With 99% certainty it was the free "highlights of the ship" tour by one of the entertainment staff.

Edited by DallasGuy75219

On 1/6/2024 at 7:26 PM, defo said:

Long time cruiser and lurker on these boards, first time posting to make sure people are aware that you need to book the behind the scenes tour as an excursion rather than the old way of running to the front desk!

I'm going on the Firenze inaugural sailing in April and I would've been so upset if I didn't see the behind the scenes excursion!

Screenshot_20240106-162414.png

Awesome thank you!

No the OP is correct.   See the photo?  Its marked as a Sea Day excursion but it goes on the list as the home port day because Sea Days don't have an excursion list.  Once you click on it then it goes to correct day at Sea.   

• Like 1