Cruise booked and not looking forward to it!

dam64

9 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have been on Beyond three times; the first two were in Europe and absolutely wonderful, not to mention a great price.  Our third in the Caribbean was nothing exciting!  The Caribbean is just not my cup of tea because I enjoy a more diverse crowd with interesting ports of call that are rich on culture, history, food and experiences!  I am just not ready to “float the boat” so to speak, not to mention paying a price that I feel is not worth the money!  

That is why we like transatlantic cruise , you get the interesting ports and “float the boat” on the same cruise 😁

• Like 1

We are obviously all different, but the butler is actually pretty far down on my list of reasons for booking a suite.

We just enjoy the larger cabins and the overall upscale ship in a ship experience...including the Retreat sundeck, Luminae and the Lounge.  Yes it can be expensive, but we would probably opt for other ways to vacation without those amenities. 

We have cruised many times in all types of non-suite cabins, and frankly it's hard to go back once you've experienced the Suite Life.  We are blessed to be at a point in our life where we can justify the cost, and that beings said, I completely respect the decisions of others who decide it's not worth it to them.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RichYak said:

OP downgraded based on reviews AND cost. What is "incredible" worth? Is ~$1500/pn for a Sky Suite to steep for incredible? I think so. And so did OP.

I didn't read it that way.  I read it as reviews AND VALUE (the OP specifically said "too expensive for what you get with a sky suite").  The OP also said - they are use to the Haven on NCL.  With there final payment approaching and the Beyond out of Port Everglades for the foreseeable future, it is a Caribbean vacation.  A quick search shows 90 days from now Sky Suites start at approx $1000 per night per room with the Haven only being slightly cheaper on the NCL Sky (Built in 2005) but being more expensive on other NCL ships / sailings in the Haven.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We love the Edge class ships, especially Apex and Beyond. We have been in sky suites, Aqua and Concierge class and love them all.  As far as the IV balcony, we like them.  We have more cruises booked on Ascent, Beyond and Xcel with the IV balcony and look forward to them all.  The only way you will know is if you try it.  Our last cruise on Beyond was great. No issues and enjoyed it all!

Edited by lv2cruisgrl

If your post really reflects how feel, IMO you should cancel.  

Consider rebooking some time in the future. (Especially if you have a non refundable deposit)  IMO you have already made two mistakes and you may be leaning towards making another.  Obviously your SS booking was not too expensive when you original book it and the Retreat experience is the best Celebrity has to offer.  Then you booked the CC that most of us feel offers little value for the extra cost.   Compared to the Haven, you may be setting yourself up for a major disappointment.  

5 hours ago, keesar said:

If you go on a cruise expecting to be disappointed, then guess what will likely happen?  Cancel and choose a ship that you are looking forward to.  You stand a much better chance of having a good time.  

Don't waste your time and money bidding up.  Move on.

good advice!