The Escape--Club Balcony Suite

Can upgrade to a club balcony suite from a regular balcony stateroom for about $200. The trip is for a special occassion. Is it worth it to move up? Heard it's a much nicer bathroom, is that true? What are you favorite perks of a Club Balcony Suite? Thank you!

Correct.   It is a much nicer bathroom.   For us, the $200 is worth it.   It also comes with one bag of free laundry, two snacks deliveries and restaurant booking date at 125 days out.   But for us, it is about the bigger bathroom.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Correct.   It is a much nicer bathroom.   For us, the $200 is worth it.   It also comes with one bag of free laundry, two snacks deliveries and restaurant booking date at 125 days out.   But for us, it is about the bigger bathroom.

Thank you, and a bottle of sparkling wine at arrival? Do you get to board or disembark any earlier?

1 hour ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Thank you, and a bottle of sparkling wine at arrival? Do you get to board or disembark any earlier?

Yes, the sparkling wine also.   However, I do not believe any perks regarding boarding earlier.  

Want to add that my family really love these cabins.   When we are not booked in the Haven, these are our go to cabins, and we will be staying in one next month.    

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The living area might be a tiny bit bigger as well but I'm pretty sure you would need a tape measure to tell 🙂

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

It is a much nicer bathroom.   For us, the $200 is worth it. 

We agree, sometimes you can even get the club for less than $100 more than a standard balcony.

The 2 cruises we had on the Gem and the Jewel we didn't go for the club because they are all on deck 11 (the deck below the pool deck) and we were worried about the potential noise from above - that shouldn't be an issue on the Escape 👍

Enjoy your celebration @lovetotraveltx🎉

Edited by Brian V
typo

We are cruising NCL for the first time, on the Escape, in Club Balcony. Other than the larger bathroom and earlier time to book restaurants etc, I didn't see information about snacks, sparkling wine, bag of laundry.  Are you sure that applies to the Club Balcony on the Escape?

42 minutes ago, benel204 said:

We are cruising NCL for the first time, on the Escape, in Club Balcony. Other than the larger bathroom and earlier time to book restaurants etc, I didn't see information about snacks, sparkling wine, bag of laundry.  Are you sure that applies to the Club Balcony on the Escape?

This is a screen shot I just took off of an Escape cruise on the NCL website 

Screenshot_20240109-175904.png

34 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

This is a screen shot I just took off of an Escape cruise on the NCL website 

Screenshot_20240109-175904.png

Oh Great, thanks! I completely missed that! I don't know why I should get excited about getting a "free" bag of laundry done when we spent $$ on the cruise.  Ha ha.  But those little things do count.

Is the room service a separate charge otherwise? 

I guess I better read some more or watch more NCL cruise review videos.

• Like 1

I agree with @vacation44 about the Club Balcony Suite being worth the upgrade for $200 and for us it’s to have the larger bathroom.  The laundry is also nice for new cruisers who aren’t at Platinum but they also tend to offer a special offer for $29 to fill a laundry bag that is available to guests in all cabin categories. We like the chocolate covered strawberries but typically don’t eat the other treats. We have never opened the bottle of sparkling wine as we have other preferred wines we get from the bars or restaurants with FAS and P+. 

Tip - bring a plastic garbage bag to condense the clothes to fit more in the paper laundry bag and to keep it from tearing.   Have a great cruise! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, benel204 said:

I just got home from a week in a Club Balcony - yes, this is correct.  I have a dietary issue (gluten allergy) so our snacks were mixed fruit on 2 separate days, and I totally took advantage of the free bag of laundry.

• Like 2

I just checked and the fare for our room Balcony Club category dropped by $200; too late for us to adjust as we are within "paid in full" window.  Not much to do about it.....

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Irish1010 said:

Sailing on the Escape for the first time.  Were in a Club Balcony room on Deck 9, midship above some of the dining areas.  How is this for noise and cooking 'aromas' drifting up?

Shouldn’t notice either. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:29 AM, lovetotraveltx said:

Can upgrade to a club balcony suite from a regular balcony stateroom for about $200. The trip is for a special occassion. Is it worth it to move up? Heard it's a much nicer bathroom, is that true? What are you favorite perks of a Club Balcony Suite? Thank you!

If the cruise is full the early booking of shows will be a huge benefit!

On 1/10/2024 at 12:42 PM, benel204 said:

I just checked and the fare for our room Balcony Club category dropped by $200; too late for us to adjust as we are within "paid in full" window.  Not much to do about it.....

You get one shot at this after final payment:

You can request a future cruise credit from NCL for the amount of the decrease.

It's not a huge amount, but if you think you might book another trip (I forget how long it's good for, but it's possibly up to a year), then you can pick up that $200 on the next one.

• Thanks 1

I  got  a Club Balcony on the Getaway after a price drop after final payment. Although we enjoyed the bigger bathroom, I am not sure I would pay for it. It also came with a robe, funny it was just one at first and then the second one showed up half way through the cruise.