First Time on NCL - What bar on the Breakaway is Most Similar to Alchemy Bar on Carnival?

8 minutes ago, aggie182 said:

We cruise with Carnival quite a bit and love the Alchemy bar.  Is there anything similar on NCL, specifically the Breakaway?

You might want to describe what the "Alchemy Bar" entails.  😉

3 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You might want to describe what the "Alchemy Bar" entails.  😉

Here's an older version of the menu. They'll sub liquors, flavors, etc, etc, etc based on your preferences.  A strawberry basil drop is our go-to but we let them experiment a lot based on what we're wanting.

2018-10-20 14.40.04.png

The only one I know that might be similar would be the Haven bar.  They are true mixologists and are fantastic with the custom drinks!  But you need to be booked in a Haven suite for that.

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

Look forward to trying Norwegian Breakaway but........will always miss Alchemy no matter what ship we sail on. 

I agree- every line has its good/bad. After sailing breakaway I bet you will miss the Local no matter what other line you sail on. 🙂

The Alchemy Bar was my favorite part of Carnival Cruise Lines.  That being said, the Free at Sea program has sold me on NCL.  I go to Mojitos and Shakers and tip the bartenders and get great service.  Just know what you want and see if you can get something close.

We've been pretty loyal to Carnival and have a bunch booked with them through 2024 and 2025.  We're going over Spring Break and the cost on NCL was a good bit cheaper than Carnival's offerings so we decided to give it a try and we're looking forward to it.  In all honesty, I'll have drinks at any bar.  My wife is much more picky and loves the Alchemy Bar on Carnival, which in turn, made me enjoy it more, being able to have drinks with her somewhere she enjoys.  We're looking forward to giving NCL a whirl. 

We're not staying in The Haven, but have thrown around the idea of bidding for the upgrade.  I don't think we will, but knowing that their bar may offer more of what she's in to, that might help in convincing her, it's just a lot more $$$!

Thanks again for the info!

IMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.3073760ed32993fbb0eddd51ba4f3d96.jpegTwo drinks from the NCL Epic, which I sailed this past October. I can't remember the actual drink name.  Bartenders make their own "infusers". The 2nd is a smoked Manhattan being made in the Haven Bar.

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1490.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1