HAL to sail out of New York City to Europe and Africa in a big way in October 2025!!!

HAL's plans for the Volendam when it arrives in New York City after a 9 day cruise from Montreal on October 7, 2025 are finally starting to show up on 3rd party cruise sites. The ship will sail on a roundtrip 45 day transatlantic cruise to Europe and Africa with stops in a dozen countries including Portugal, Spain, and Greece, along with overnights in Rome(Italy), Alexandria(Egypt), and Istanbul(Turkey). After returning to NYC on November 21 it will sail on to an already scheduled 30 day Amazon Explorer cruise.  

Edited by Destiny0315
removed repositioning from text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Can it be a repositioning cruise if its roundtrip out of NYC? Is it being sold in segments?

No it is a single roundtrip cruise so your right not repositioning so I removed that word from the text.

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Where did you see this?  I don't see anything for Volendam between Oct. 7 and Nov. 21, 2025 on the HAL website.

As I said it has appeared on some of the major 3rd party bookings sites which I am not allowed to mention in here but it is not yet on the HAL site. Those sites don't allow you to actually book it yet but do show the the full 45 day itinerary.

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Thanks 2

The itinerary is similar to the one the Volendam is doing out of Fort Lauderdale this Nov-Dec which is a 42 day roundtrip with overnights and stops in Europe and Africa. The pricing appears to be similar with the major difference for the '25 trip being the sailing roundtrip out of NYC which is something that they haven't done much of in the last 10 years.

When that gap in her schedule appeared I had suspected as much. If I had the available time I’d jump on either the 2024 or 2025 in a heartbeat. 

I'm glad to see HAL continuing to maintain their niche of a premium mainstream line with unique longer voyages on mid sized ships. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Now open for booking on HAL but why do it on a weekend when PCC’s aren’t available?

Just hold a booking and finalize it when you can talk to someone on Monday.

• Like 1