Change in Itinerary for September 21, 2025

sns1

My husband and I are booked for a 19 Day Europe Mediterranean cruise on the Star, for September 21, 2025.  I know it's a long way off but we book way in advance.  We just got a notice from Princess that a couple of changes have been made.  We will no longer begin the cruise in Trieste (Venice) but we start from Istabul, Turkey and stay overnight there.  The second change is Silicy is being replaced with Mykonos.  We are so bummed about Trieste being replaced by Istabul.  We will probably cancel the trip and find another cruise.  We have plenty of time to find another one. 

Anyone have information on why this change was made?  We think this is a HUGE change in the itinerary. 

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

I wonder if Princess with call this a major change and allow people to cancel without penalty?

2 hours ago, sns1 said:

My husband and I are booked for a 19 Day Europe Mediterranean cruise on the Star, for September 21, 2025.  I know it's a long way off but we book way in advance.  We just got a notice from Princess that a couple of changes have been made.  We will no longer begin the cruise in Trieste (Venice) but we start from Istabul, Turkey and stay overnight there.  The second change is Silicy is being replaced with Mykonos.  We are so bummed about Trieste being replaced by Istabul.  We will probably cancel the trip and find another cruise.  We have plenty of time to find another one. 

Anyone have information on why this change was made?  We think this is a HUGE change in the itinerary. 

Cruise lines, not just Princess, often don't tell us peasants why they change ports around - especially when it's done a long way in advance. You  could try asking Princess directly,  but don't expect to get anywhere.

I'm sorry this happened and I'm sorry you feel the need to cancel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I wonder if Princess with call this a major change and allow people to cancel without penalty?

The OP is from the USA and they have different rules to us peasants this side of the pond.

• Like 1

We had only used FCD to book the room and we booked it as a refundable deposit if we cancel before final payment.  

I was checking the new itinerary  and it looks like Princess also changed the order of some of the scheduled ports from when we booked the cruise, which was September 2023.

• Like 1

We also saw a change to our September 2025, b3b, 50-day cruise on the Sun Princess.  We were originally embarking in Civitavecchia, but that was changed to embark in Naples instead.  Naples does not work for our pre-cruise plans.

We canceled the 14-day segment and will now embark in Barcelona, on Oct 11th, for a 36-day b2b.

Lots of changes to voyages that are far out on the calendar.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We also saw a change to our September 2025, b3b, 50-day cruise on the Sun Princess.  We were originally embarking in Civitavecchia, but that was changed to embark in Naples instead.  Naples does not work for our pre-cruise plans.

We canceled the 14-day segment and will now embark in Barcelona, on Oct 11th, for a 36-day b2b.

Lots of changes to voyages that are far out on the calendar.  🤷‍♂️

Yes, that is interesting. It seems like they are beginning the itinerary at not as popular ports?

• Like 1