Brightline train

Oldgoat61

I am curious about Florida's Brightline train, and wanted to know if it has had any issues with breakdowns, being on time, etc..  For those in the know, enlighten me.

Thanks!

In general, Brightline is highly reliable. Unfortunately, trains do occasionally hit people who are on the tracks which can cause a brief delay. The issues seems to stem from people ignoring crossing gates that are down and/or not recognizing that trains are actively using the rails.

2 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

I am curious about Florida's Brightline train, and wanted to know if it has had any issues with breakdowns, being on time, etc..  For those in the know, enlighten me.

Thanks!

Just had a friend that took the train from Orlando to Miami and she said it was great!!  Absolutely on time and everything was clean and in perfect working order.

she cannot wait to do it again!

The Brightline train has a stellar record with the exception of the previously mentioned human tragedies.  Please don't think ill of me if I comment that their record will improve dramatically once the tragic souls who have determined that 'death by train' is their preferred way to sleep permanently.

7 hours ago, FOPMan said:

In general, Brightline is highly reliable. Unfortunately, trains do occasionally hit people who are on the tracks which can cause a brief delay. The issues seems to stem from people ignoring crossing gates that are down and/or not recognizing that trains are actively using the rails.

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

The Brightline train has a stellar record with the exception of the previously mentioned human tragedies.  Please don't think ill of me if I comment that their record will improve dramatically once the tragic souls who have determined that 'death by train' is their preferred way to sleep permanently.

The suicides and suicides attempts will not stop.  There is a preference for those making suicide attempts to choose certain types of trains, be it high speed or being brightly colored is unknown. 

I did a roundtrip in December, Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale, and it was great. DH and I will use it to catch a cruise in Ft. Lauderdale again in March, and I'll use for my TA in May (saves renting a car in that case). Trains were on time, comfortable, and clean. Only issue is other passengers who aren't civilized enough to use ear buds, but that happens on airplanes, too.

I've taken BrightLine several times, and I've been very pleased.

Even in the situation where somebody decides to go around the down crossing gates, it is unusual for the train to be delayed more than 60-90 minutes.  The company usually replaces the engineer if they request relief.