Our Vibe passes were canceled 24hrs prior to sailing

jojo99

3 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

If this only happened to a few people NCL should of just let them have the passes.

Agree.  Hope we get more info on the rest of the story.  $50 is not enough of those whose vacations were impacted by this.

So when we boarded we did go to guests services and spoke to the manager. Apparently the glitch was caused by the original itinerary being 7 days and it was changed to 10 days. Not sure when that happened but we booked the cruise 6 months ago so they had lots of time to tfigure things out. About a 100 people got cxld. We only booked the passes a month ago so others had priority I guess. Emailed corporate and got a canned response with the same info as original email. Comp is $25 per person. They also switched ports around last minute due to a holiday in Puerto Rico. Again how did thy not know this a long time ago! Other than that disappointment we are enjoying the cruise 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jojo99 said:

So when we boarded we did go to guests services and spoke to the manager. Apparently the glitch was caused by the original itinerary being 7 days and it was changed to 10 days. Not sure when that happened but we booked the cruise 6 months ago so they had lots of time to tfigure things out. About a 100 people got cxld. We only booked the passes a month ago so others had priority I guess. Emailed corporate and got a canned response with the same info as original email. Comp is $25 per person. They also switched ports around last minute due to a holiday in Puerto Rico. Again how did thy not know this a long time ago! Other than that disappointment we are enjoying the cruise 

Man what  a screw up on NCL's part.  $25 per person does not sound like much skin off NCL's back for disappointing 100 or so by disallowing their vibe passes.  @jojo99 you have a great attitude under the circumstances.  Glad you are enjoying your cruise.  Hope NCL will reconsider and give all of you that were affected by this a little extra OBC.

As a "Gotta-Have-Vibe-to-Cruise-on-NCL" devotee, I'm glad the issue wasn't b/c they sold the place to some deep-pocketed group, but saddened for the OP and 100 or so others b/c that's a giant disappointment.

Also: $25/pp compensation is rather insulting.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Cscomedygrl said:

@seemoreroyals I was in this same sailing with same situation. We stopped right away at Guest Services once onboard and they just dismissed us and said sorry. Bummer deal that their system allowed this to happen. 

Did they ever step up and offer more than $25 for,  due to their own incompetence,  getting your hopes up?

2 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Did they ever step up and offer more than $25 for,  due to their own incompetence,  getting your hopes up?

Nope. We booked the trip several months ago and was always 10 days, so doesn't make sense how it was showing as 7 days in their system, or at least this part of the system. 

How does the number of days on the ship even make a difference to how many vibe passes are sold? The capacity is the capacity. Something smells fishy here. If this happened to me I would be livid. Like the OP, our trip is planned around having access to vibe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cheer25mom said:

How does the number of days on the ship even make a difference to how many vibe passes are sold? The capacity is the capacity. Something smells fishy here. If this happened to me I would be livid. Like the OP, our trip is planned around having access to vibe. 

I agree, I'd be livid too.

The scenario I imagined (completely my imagination) is the cruise was 10 days, they sold X passes to folks that booked the 10 day version.  Then it got changed to 7 days and for some reason, they restarted the Vibe counter at 0, losing track of the people who'd already bought passes.  Pure speculation - I don't even know if it ever was a 10 day cruise.