Question from a possible newbie

I have only cruised Oceania. I am looking at a Regent cruise in November in the Caribbean and will be taking my 92 year old mother. We will not do any excursions and will just enjoy the ship for a week. My question is- where do I find a Regent travel advisor? I am not thrilled with the one I have used for Oceania and I'm hoping to find one with Regent knowledge. I am just looking for resources so I hope I am not violating any rules of this board. Thank you so much for any help. 

If you go to Regent's home page and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see FIND A TRAVEL ADVISOR under the heading PLAN A CRUISE.  Clicking on FIND A TRAVEL ADVISOR will bring you to a page where you can enter your zip code to locate an agency near you.  From that point you'll need to use what you may know about the agencies presented to decide which to contact.

• Like 1

Oh darn. They used to allow others to refer you so you can both get a credit from Regent. I guess they disallowed that. 

What I can say, is whomever you choose make sure your TA gives you extra perks. 

Just to add to the above, the zip code is irrelevant IMO.  My travel agent is based far away from me. First time I actually met her and others from her company was years after my first (of many many ) bookings with this great agency!

• Like 3

I would not necessarily go with a Regent recommendation

They might not give you the best deal.

Not all agents offer the same perks

Agree - location irrelevant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bebop bonnie said:

Just to add to the above, the zip code is irrelevant IMO.  My travel agent is based far away from me.

1 minute ago, bitob said:

Agree - location irrelevant.

I also agree...  Having said that, the OP had no idea how to go about locating a TA for a possible Regent cruise.  I usually suggest asking friends or fellow cruisers onboard, but in this case I noticed Regent offered a method to get a search started.

I've tried using local TAs, but gave up after no discounts or perks were being offered.  We live in Vermont and our TA is located in Central Florida.  Hope to meet her in March while we're at our timeshare at Walt Disney World.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Lew- said:

I also agree...  Having said that, the OP had no idea how to go about locating a TA for a possible Regent cruise.  I usually suggest asking friends or fellow cruisers onboard, but in this case I noticed Regent offered a method to get a search started.

I've tried using local TAs, but gave up after no discounts or perks were being offered.  We live in Vermont and our TA is located in Central Florida.  Hope to meet her in March while we're at our timeshare at Walt Disney World.

The best way to find a great agent is to ask people once you are on a cruise. I have a fabulous agent.  I carry his cards with me and give them out.  My agent also in Florida.

• Like 1

We had a TA for our first Regent cruise but after we relocated from the Western US to the Southeast we started looking for someone else who dealt more exclusively with Regent.  I agree - ask around onboard or on other forums that don't frown on recommendations.  Our new TA has been awesome the last 8-ish years.

mtadk:

One other nuance to consider in the vetting process would be asking that prospective TA as to his/her prior experiences actually sailing on Regent ships.  And, not just on two or three day "Orientation" cruises which Regent and other 5+ Lines offers from time-to-time to TAs as a promotional incentive. 

It has been our good fortune--even with the vagaries associated with the COVID hiatus--to sail 14+day segments with our TA (and the spouse) and/or members of the TA's staff on various Regent ships. Those staff folks are often the ones assisting in the booking process. 

From past experience, it was problematical when we dealt with a TA who, basically, ran a one or two person operation. Illness; family issues, other travel, and such detracted from ability to obtain assistance and timely feedback resolving or clarifying cruise matters. 

This has not been an issue for the past 15 years . There has always been a designated "backup" ready to step in. And, reinforcing a previous comment: we were referred to our current TA by the folks who occupied the Suite next to ours those many years ago while on a long trans-Pacific crossing.  We have maintained friendships with both to the present.       

GOARMY!

• Like 1