I asked this question on General Questions …….

Reina del Mar

• I asked this question on general questions board and several people suggested I was wrong to ask it there and instead should post it here.:- 

Have just read that Princess’ wi fi costs are about to increase from 22nd. January..giving only a few days to book it before increases.

Please can anyone post the cost of wi fi in Australia for one device and confirm whether the Elite discount can be applied down under.

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

• I asked this question on general questions board and several people suggested I was wrong to ask it there and instead should post it here.:- 

Have just read that Princess’ wi fi costs are about to increase from 22nd. January..giving only a few days to book it before increases.

Please can anyone post the cost of wi fi in Australia for one device and confirm whether the Elite discount can be applied down under.

Since you may be booking an Aussie voyage from GB, isn't your booking in GBP?  If you know the current rates in GBP, or what Princess' current conversion rate for UK GBP is, you could apply that to USD prices and come very close with a round to nearest pound.  Same concept for cruises sold in AUD.  Sorry, I am not sure current exchange rate in effect by Princess - and it may not be close to the market rate.  the CAD is set at 1.35 for long time now and USD/CAD has ranged lower and higher than that without a PCL change.

PS - If you have a booked voyage, you are going to save $$ now by booking it regardless of the new cost.

Edited by Steelers36

I was going to use OBC to purchase once we were onboard, but today’s post showing an increase has made me look into this. I have phoned Princess, as my Travel Agent wasn’t really much help. They greeted me as Elite, but said the personaliser shows first time cruiser and it would take 3-5 days to correct it….Argh !!!

I will ring again tomorrow in the hope I am answered by a slightly more informed Princess Rep. We pay in GBPs but ‘add ons’ are usually in US dollars..so it’s all most confusing. 

Whatever the cost, it’ll be cheaper for a day or so before the increase is applied.

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

I was going to use OBC to purchase once we were onboard, but today’s post showing an increase has made me look into this. I have phoned Princess, as my Travel Agent wasn’t really much help. They greeted me as Elite, but said the personaliser shows first time cruiser and it would take 3-5 days to correct it….Argh !!!

I will ring again tomorrow in the hope I am answered by a slightly more informed Princess Rep. We pay in GBPs but ‘add ons’ are usually in US dollars..so it’s all most confusing. 

Whatever the cost, it’ll be cheaper for a day or so before the increase is applied.

FWIW - as an Elite member, if you end up purchasing at full price in the app, you'll be refunded the difference aboard. 

Make sure to keep a copy of the purchase price to ensure you get the correct refund

Or, call and purchase over the phone. 

• Like 1