HAL computer glitch - not updating past cruise info from Dec, 2023 - Any update?

Cat J

We were on Grand South America/Zaandam ending in December.  Our Mariner Status changed during the voyage, but still no official confirmation/update on the website.  In fact, the cruise doesn't even show under our "history."  Have called and emailed several times.  No one responds with any info, so this is helpful to know.  Thanks.   

Is there any way to escalate this within HAL?  We're getting ready to cruise again, and the missing days/points will make a difference.  Thanks.  

Edited by Rehoguy1
Duplicate

5 hours ago, Rehoguy1 said:

Is there any way to escalate this within HAL?  We're getting ready to cruise again, and the missing days/points will make a difference.  Thanks.  

I emailed the Mariner Society with my cruise info and the fact that I'm cruising again on Feb. 11th and want my Star level corrected because I should now be a 3 Star level and there are extra perks.  Anyhow, I did get an email back from them telling me that they still don't have an ETA as to when the issue will be resolved, however if it isn't resolved by Feb. 5th they told me to email them again and they will see if they can manually update my account before my Feb. 11th cruise so that I get the additional perks for being a 3 Star.  So I would suggest you do the same thing.  Don't know when your next cruise is but if they haven't resolved their issue then about 1 week before you should email them with all the back up data (I sent in a copy of my room key, my pre-board spending docs and on onboard spending account doc).  And congrats on getting to the next level!!!  Have a nice day.

6 hours ago, Rehoguy1 said:

We were on Grand South America/Zaandam ending in December.  Our Mariner Status changed during the voyage, but still no official confirmation/update on the website.  In fact, the cruise doesn't even show under our "history."  Have called and emailed several times.  No one responds with any info, so this is helpful to know.  Thanks.   

We are in the same situation - were on GSA&A and no points and not listed in our history.  This is getting pretty ridiculous and when I read that they still have NO ETA of when this will get corrected, makes me wonder what is going on.  Has anyone who completed a cruise this month (January) gotten their points awarded?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crusin'k said:

We are in the same situation - were on GSA&A and no points and not listed in our history.  This is getting pretty ridiculous and when I read that they still have NO ETA of when this will get corrected, makes me wonder what is going on.  Has anyone who completed a cruise this month (January) gotten their points awarded?

I didn't go on a cruise in January, however I have been told that the "glitch" was for December sailings only.  I'm going on two back to back cruises in Feb. (11th & 18th) which is why I really want my new level updated before I go.  Hopefully they will get their act together soon and we'll all have our accounts updated.  Have a nice day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cat J said:

I didn't go on a cruise in January, however I have been told that the "glitch" was for December sailings only.  I'm going on two back to back cruises in Feb. (11th & 18th) which is why I really want my new level updated before I go.  Hopefully they will get their act together soon and we'll all have our accounts updated.  Have a nice day.

November sailings too. We disembarked on Nov 25.

1 minute ago, colbe said:

1 minute ago, colbe said:

Wow - I didn't know that November was affected too.  So it's been 2 months and your account still isn't updated?  That is just crazy - HAL really needs to do better - I expect more out of them 🙂 

• Like 1

This is the email I just received from HAL Guest Relations.  They've "carefully reviewed my concern."  Pretty annoying as I've already been reaching out directly to the Mariner Society for weeks and they don't know anything. Apparently neither does the President of the company, which is not reassuring.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your sailing on ms Zaandam. We are grateful that you have given us this opportunity to review your concerns.

After carefully reviewing your concern, we have found that our Mariner Society department would best handle your inquiry. We kindly ask that you contact them directly, as they are best equipped and happy to assist you with your question. Below is their contact information for your convenience.

Department Information:

Operation Hours & Day:  Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST

Email: Mariner_Society@hollandamerica.com

Phone:  800-547-9139

Thank you again for contacting us with your concerns, and please feel free to follow up with any additional comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Jeff Wrecker

Special Advisor
Office of the President

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehoguy1 said:

This is the email I just received from HAL Guest Relations.  They've "carefully reviewed my concern."  Pretty annoying as I've already been reaching out directly to the Mariner Society for weeks and they don't know anything. Apparently neither does the President of the company, which is not reassuring.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your sailing on ms Zaandam. We are grateful that you have given us this opportunity to review your concerns.

After carefully reviewing your concern, we have found that our Mariner Society department would best handle your inquiry. We kindly ask that you contact them directly, as they are best equipped and happy to assist you with your question. Below is their contact information for your convenience.

Department Information:

Operation Hours & Day:  Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST

Email: Mariner_Society@hollandamerica.com

Phone:  800-547-9139

Thank you again for contacting us with your concerns, and please feel free to follow up with any additional comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Jeff Wrecker

Special Advisor
Office of the President

Wow - that's lousy that you just got pushed back to the Mariner Society.  As I said, I did email them with all my info and did receive a nice reply back but really hate that they don't have an ETA to resolve their issue either.  You would think they would put a big priority on customer service.  I have loved every HAL cruise that I've taken so far and have thought that they onboard service has been excellent.  So for me, this is the first big issue that I've had with them even though I've had ongoing issues with their website with links not working and getting error messages.  So I've thought all along that they need to upgrade their website.  And now with this issue it really tells me that their IT infrastructure needs upgrading too!  Hope we all get our accounts updated soon.  Have a good evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Still waiting for December credits.

Yep - as you can see from this thread that I started, it seems that all of us are still waiting for HAL to resolve their issue.  So far I'm not impressed with how they are handling it at all.  As I said in another post you would think that good customer service would be very important to them.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:35 AM, Cat J said:

All my other cruises in the past were updated within 2 weeks, however this is the one I care about since I'll be going up a Star level.  They did tell me to call back a week before my next cruise if they still haven't resolved the glitch and they should be able to get my new level reflected for my next cruise.  They really need to upgrade their IT department I think.  Thanks for the info!  

I sent them an email about my last cruise not being reflected in my cruise history and not having my points applied for that cruise. I received an email from them telling me about the IT glitch and that it was likely to be resolved last week. They also confirmed my calculation that I would be a Four Star (yay!). When it didn’t get resolved last week, I called last Tuesday and they told me about the IT glitch but there was no estimate as to when it will be fixed. However, she told me to call back seven days before my next cruise to have my Mariner Status upgraded temporarily so that I could use the benefits on my Caribbean cruise in March. If I wasn’t supposed to be a Four Star I wouldn’t be this interested and I would just assume that everything would turn out alright.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:00 AM, RuthC said:

How many passengers, on how many ships, over how many cruises happened in December? 
If all of those people have to have their accounts updated manually, it's going to take a while. 

Every time they have to stop to answer the question "How long is it going to take" just makes it take longer. 

Point well taken. I normally wouldn’t be anxious about this but I finally made it to Four Star Mariner and I have a cruise coming up in March. It should be resolved by then but this is HAL which doesn’t have a great track record when it comes to IT.

4 hours ago, Chicanocruiser said:

I sent them an email about my last cruise not being reflected in my cruise history and not having my points applied for that cruise. I received an email from them telling me about the IT glitch and that it was likely to be resolved last week. They also confirmed my calculation that I would be a Four Star (yay!). When it didn’t get resolved last week, I called last Tuesday and they told me about the IT glitch but there was no estimate as to when it will be fixed. However, she told me to call back seven days before my next cruise to have my Mariner Status upgraded temporarily so that I could use the benefits on my Caribbean cruise in March. If I wasn’t supposed to be a Four Star I wouldn’t be this interested and I would just assume that everything would turn out alright.

I understand - going to 4 Star is a big deal and you want the extra benefits.  I'm going to the Caribbean again in a couple of weeks and that is why I want to get my 3 Star level - there are some extra benefits for that too.  I was told the same thing when I emailed in all of the proof of spending from my Dec. cruise - to reach out again a week before my next cruise and they would have me upgraded so that I can use my new level on the 2 back to back cruises I'm taking in Feb.  Let's hope they get this glitch resolved soon - it really seems like they've had enough time to do so 🙂   Have a great day.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chicanocruiser said:

Point well taken. I normally wouldn’t be anxious about this but I finally made it to Four Star Mariner and I have a cruise coming up in March. It should be resolved by then but this is HAL which doesn’t have a great track record when it comes to IT.

I agree that HAL doesn't have a good track record with IT.  Can't tell you how many times I click on a link on their website only to get an error message!  I love cruising on HAL, however they really do need to upgrade their IT area.  

• Like 1

I sent an email a few days ago to mariner_society@hollandamerica.com regarding two cruises in December that are not showing up in my history.  Here is the response:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your recent December sailings.  We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in the cruise credits for the sailing, onboard spending and suite bonus (if applicable) not populating to guest profiles.  We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  

At this time we do not have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved and your history posted to your profile. Please know we value your loyalty and sincerely apologize for the delay.  Once this is resolved, all pending information will be processed and visible in your account.  No further action of follow up will be required for this to be processed.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay.  If you have any questions please let us know.  We hope to welcome you back onboard with us in the near future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisedd said:

I sent an email a few days ago to mariner_society@hollandamerica.com regarding two cruises in December that are not showing up in my history.  Here is the response:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your recent December sailings.  We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in the cruise credits for the sailing, onboard spending and suite bonus (if applicable) not populating to guest profiles.  We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  

At this time we do not have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved and your history posted to your profile. Please know we value your loyalty and sincerely apologize for the delay.  Once this is resolved, all pending information will be processed and visible in your account.  No further action of follow up will be required for this to be processed.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay.  If you have any questions please let us know.  We hope to welcome you back onboard with us in the near future.

Thanks for the info.  I got just about the same email response when I sent all of my back up docs about my Dec. cruise to HAL earlier this week. In my email I asked them if it was possible to manually update my level since I'm cruising again in Feb. They asked me to get back in touch 1 week before my cruise so that they can manually update my records since I'm going up a Star level (I'm finally 3 Star) if they don't have the glitch fixed by then.  I'm hoping it's fixed for all of us very soon.  Have a great day!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Hallelujah! Our 12/10 - 12/17/2023 Nieuw Statendam cruise credits just posted.

We got out 21 points as well  but we had already hit 5 Star in November and it was quick and applied for our December cruise. I certainly can sympathize with those moving to the next level with a cruise coming up very soon. It appears HAL has gotten it fixed.

• Like 2