Muster station process

Has anything changed when it comes to the muster station drill?  (Where everyone has to head to their designated station at the same time.)

I ask b/c the content on their website almost sounds like it's a go at your own pace thing??  (which seems odd and too good to be true, lol)

"Visit your muster station which is listed in the app or on your Seapass card. A crew member will verify you’ve completed both steps and complete your drill or will help you to complete all the steps."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, heffa72 said:

@ShipsandDipperThanks. So I'm assuming it's within a window of time if you're supposed to have a crew member verify?  They're not going to stand around all day I'm guessing.

The window closes just before departure (seems like ~45 min)- you will certainly hear reminders for the people who are late.  There still is the required sounding of the alarm, just as before.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, heffa72 said:

@ShipsandDipperThanks. So I'm assuming it's within a window of time if you're supposed to have a crew member verify?  They're not going to stand around all day I'm guessing.

Yes, they want you to do it soon. The ship won’t sail until everyone is checked off. They started making announcements that they were looking for 1,200 people, then 600 people, then 300, etc.  since we watched the videos before going to the muster station, we were done in about 20 seconds. 

oh man, i can only imagine how much of a pain it is just to hunt down all of those who blow it off.  They should just shut off their seapass until they go...that will get the job done! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, heffa72 said:

oh man, i can only imagine how much of a pain it is just to hunt down all of those who blow it off.  They should just shut off their seapass until they go...that will get the job done! 😉

Tried and a total fail with Carnival.  So many complaints they tweaked the program to allow two purchases with sea pass card until muster is completed.  Still have dozens that fail to show up every cruise. . 

10 hours ago, heffa72 said:

Has anything changed when it comes to the muster station drill?  (Where everyone has to head to their designated station at the same time.)

I ask b/c the content on their website almost sounds like it's a go at your own pace thing??  (which seems odd and too good to be true, lol)

"Visit your muster station which is listed in the app or on your Seapass card. A crew member will verify you’ve completed both steps and complete your drill or will help you to complete all the steps."

You can watch the muster drill video on the app while you're waiting in line to check in. It's only about 5 minutes (maybe less?). You can then go directly to your muster station once you board.

6 hours ago, heffa72 said:

My thoughts exactly!!!