Isafjordur-Was Viking able to dock in 2023?

miami mama

Have been looking at the Northern European boards and noticed difficulties with docking in Isafjordur last year by some cruise lines. They apparently have not finished all of the work that allows the larger ships to come in and dock. This led to cancellations of this port by many of the lines. Did Viking experience any problems with this port in 2023?

Yes, we docked there twice on the Neptune this past May/June..  There was construction going on though and we did not dock in the same location each time.  I do know that one time there was one much larger cruise ship docked next to us.  

We had highs in the low 50F-60F most days, it was colder up north, so probably 45F in Isafjurder. We were in Iceland 13  days including the cruise and had only 3 rainy days, the rest were sunny which is unusual. Layers and gloves and beanies kept us comfortable….And I’m a Florida girl! 

Florida girl here also. This will feel cold to us. Thanks for letting me know people were docking. I think we will go ahead and book the Westtrours Vigur Island tour as it is just about 1/2 the cost of previous Viking excursions to the same place. The tour gets back to the dock at 4 so we should make the boarding time just fine. 

Apparently there were many cruises that had to cancel last year. Some of the ship  names I heard were definitely on the larger side. 

Yes, the new dock area was nothing but bare dirt and unfinished roads, but we still docked there in July with no trouble. We had spectacular weather which was perfect for our kayaking around the fjord!