Adventure OTS refurbishment question

I'll be taking the TA Adventure OTS 12 night sailing from Port Canaveral to Lisbon, Portugal on 10/25/2024.  It will then be undergoing a 3 week refurbishment and resume her sailing, which I am on too, with another TA from Barcelona, Spain on 11/24/2024 13 night sailing back to Port Canaveral, Florida.

My question is where can I find out what the "actual refurbishment" will consist of?  I'm assuming carpeting, mattress replacements, deep cleanings etc but can they do major construction in that short amount of time; say cutting the ship in half and adding staterooms or removing the sauna and steam rooms and adding inside cabins?  Adding a restaurant and deleting others?  I just can't seem to find out anything on Royal's site.  Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I'll be taking the TA Adventure OTS 12 night sailing from Port Canaveral to Lisbon, Portugal on 10/25/2024.  It will then be undergoing a 3 week refurbishment and resume her sailing, which I am on too, with another TA from Barcelona, Spain on 11/24/2024 13 night sailing back to Port Canaveral, Florida.

My question is where can I find out what the "actual refurbishment" will consist of?  I'm assuming carpeting, mattress replacements, deep cleanings etc but can they do major construction in that short amount of time; say cutting the ship in half and adding staterooms or removing the sauna and steam rooms and adding inside cabins?  Adding a restaurant and deleting others?  I just can't seem to find out anything on Royal's site.  Thank you in advance.

This time frame is just for standard technical refurbishments and some cleaning/replacements as you mentioned above. Why do you ask for removing public space and adding more cabins? Are not enough people on board now? Cutting a ship in half and lengthen it takes some months and has never been done for such a big ship, will not happen. 

10 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

We're on both those sailings, too! We'll have to take a lot of before and after pics!

• Like 1

We were in a Junior Suite on the Adventure about 1 1/2 years ago.  It was a poor experience.  We love Royal, Oasis and Freedom class, but the "suite" was a rust bucket.  Hope that they redo everything.  

The concierge lounge coffee machine was broken daily- so many things not in good order.  Hope they either fix up the ship, or sell it.  Looking foward to trying the Icon.

10 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

. . .

The concierge lounge coffee machine was broken daily- so many things not in good order.  Hope they either fix up the ship, or sell it.  Looking foward to trying the Icon.

Yes, the coffee machine in the lounge never worked on our May 2022 cruise.  Hope it's been fixed cuz I'm on it in March!

We had a junior suite- the soft goods were ripped and stained.  The wood furniture damaged.  Reminded me of a college apartment rental.  The entire ship was a disappointment.  We enjoy Royal.  The Oasis class ships are wonderful- and we are also booked on the Icon- but this one ship was a terrible disappointment. we are diamond plus members.  Will stick to newer ships- or those that are updated.

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The coffee machine in the suite lounge has always worked.

Not for me tbh.  Granted it was sometimes the machine but more-so, there were no coffee beans (not filled the previous night), out of milk (again not filled at night and not replaced until 7am) or it was in "cleaning mode" which sometimes started at 6:30 am.  Very frustrating.