Cooking Demos or Classes on Volendam Recently?

Wife and I will be sailing to Canada on the Volendam this May. Have recent cruisers on Volendam seen any Cooking Demos or Hands-On Classes offered in the Wajang Theatre & Culinary Arts Center? If so and you participated, when and how did you register and what was the cost? Will they be less likely on just a 7-Night cruise?

Thanks

• Like 1

Have not had hands-on classes for a long time. And when they did, you could not eat what you just made.

I believe the special hands-on classes were only a high Mariner or Neptune perk when they were still offered.  But this was several years ago.  The dedicated Culinary Centers got converted to Club Oranges. 

Some of the staff participation cooking demonstrations were a lot of fun - the Mystery Box cook offs, particularly. Some of that is starting to come back, so who knows what will be available in the future. 

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I was told you can ask for one. They probably don’t want to print off more than they need. 

Thanks. On my last sailing in 2019, they stopped giving ATK recipe cards mid-cruise. Previously, the host would keep a file drawer with printed cards for each show. I can still access the HAL page on ATK’s website and retrieve recipes featured onboard here.

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1