EZ Air policies

TheTaxGuy

Who would have guessed the 737 design would cause so much trouble...again! Now of course it is the 737-9 Max that is grounded, Boeing should be ashamed of itself, that is causing travel nightmares. I'm booked on Alaska Air out of LAX non-stop to FLL. But, the equipment is grounded and it doesn't look good for a quick fix. There is still a bit more than 2 weeks before we are supposed to fly out but EZ Air doesn't have any solutions about what happens if the flight gets cancelled. EZAir does not have a good reputation, so far as I've read anyway, for helping customers get to or back on cancelled flights booked through them. Is anyone else in our position and if so do you have any information that you'd like to share?

Kevin

EZ Air has its limitations since they are a concession dealing with group bookings.  They "purchase" x amount of seats per carrier.  When they sell all of those, they remove that option from the selections.

Unfortunately, EZ Air can not do anything about flights that are cancelled by the airlines.  They will try to rebook you, but if your fare is not available (sold out), there is little they will do but reroute you in a fare that is closest to what you paid.  

Case in point.  Quebec to LAX summer 2023.

Canadian Air cancelled all of their flights on Rouge from Quebec. They worked for 2 weeks to get me rebooked.  In the meantime, I "found" a decent departure but for hundreds of dollars more.  EZ Air would not allow me to book the 1 PM or 3 PM flight (not in my fare grouping).  They did get me on a 5 PM flight that gave me a 90 (or was it 60) minute connection.  I barely made it/last call boarding.  

If airlines cancel, EZ Air guarantees to get you to your destination.  That's about it.  Always fly in a day early.  Be pro-active and watch your booking on the airline/not Princess.  Unfortunately, EZ Air cannot do anything about potential problems.  Have a refundable back up that you can claim through your travel insurance.  

The good about EZ Air is that PVP covers air portion of cruise.  You also have up to 45 days out to make modifications to your booking (too late for this cruise).

Good Luck.  

On January 11, 24 hours before my flight, United canceled one leg of my flight to LA.  I called the EZ Air department and they were able to switch me to American on the way to LA, keeping the flight home.  Call them.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 10:32 AM, suekel said:

On January 11, 24 hours before my flight, United canceled one leg of my flight to LA.  I called the EZ Air department and they were able to switch me to American on the way to LA, keeping the flight home.  Call them.  

We had the same thing happen on January 11, 24 hours before departure. Delta canceled our direct flight to LAX and automatically rebooked us on the next day, which meant we would arrive at 2:30 pm on embarkation day. My wife chatted with Delta and their only other solution was a later flight connecting through Minneapolis, which didn't arrive in LAX until after 11 pm. I called EZ Air and they rebooked us on a direct flight on American that got us to LAX within a couple hours of our original flight arrival.

This was our first time on Princess and using EZ Air and I was very happy with the outcome.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MTAK said:

This was our first time on Princess and using EZ Air and I was very happy with the outcome.

Count yourself "lucky".  There are MANY people who have travel disasters at EZ Air's hands.