Ft Lauderdale-pre-cruise late night flight-hotel?

spammie

We normally stay at the Hyatt cruise port the night before our cruise.  For our April cruise we are taking an evening flight the night before and we don't land until 10pm.  Is there a reasonable hotel near the airport and cruise port that you would recommend.  We really don't want to spend over $200 since we won't even be there for 12 hours.  Thank you!

22 minutes ago, spammie said:

We normally stay at the Hyatt cruise port the night before our cruise.  For our April cruise we are taking an evening flight the night before and we don't land until 10pm.  Is there a reasonable hotel near the airport and cruise port that you would recommend.  We really don't want to spend over $200 since we won't even be there for 12 hours.  Thank you!

You're looking at Motel 6 and Super 8 and even those will end up over $200.  I guess you'll have to be a little clearer on 'reasonable' and, maybe, loosen the purse strings.

• Like 1

Did you check Riverside? They have a micro room with one queen that is usually a better price at around 199.00. You would have to take a taxi or Uber, which won’t break the bank.

• Like 1

There's a Cambria with good reviews and it's under $200. It's the Cambria Hotel Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port.

Have not stayed there but it's a contender for our cruise in May.

On 1/24/2024 at 6:56 AM, d9704011 said:

You're looking at Motel 6 and Super 8 and even those will end up over $200.  I guess you'll have to be a little clearer on 'reasonable' and, maybe, loosen the purse strings.

Out of curiosity I checked Motel6 and they are between $104 - $125.

43 minutes ago, sirenitas said:

Out of curiosity I checked Motel6 and they are between $104 - $125.

What night was that?  I looked at a Friday night in mid-April as an estimate of when a pre-cruise room would be required by the poster.

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

What night was that?  I looked at a Friday night in mid-April as an estimate of when a pre-cruise room would be required by the poster.

Sorry that was for later in April. We are on on a May 1st and I'm looking at 29th & 30th.

32 minutes ago, sirenitas said:

Sorry that was for later in April. We are on on a May 1st and I'm looking at 29th & 30th.

Monday and Tuesday night stays definitely have different rates compared to Fridays and Saturdays.

• Like 1

For the same reason, I have decided to stay a little farther away, in Plantation. It was around $160 (probably plus taxes), but I had a little bit of Hyatt points and it was enough to cover an overnight stay. 

5 hours ago, trin880 said:

For the same reason, I have decided to stay a little farther away, in Plantation. It was around $160 (probably plus taxes), but I had a little bit of Hyatt points and it was enough to cover an overnight stay. 

For sure.  In the OP's situation though, there are probably some significant diminishing returns on that strategy; lengthier and more expensive taxi rides come to mind immediately.

I stay at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port.  The room rate includes airport and cruise port shuttle service.  I just booked a room in February using a AAA rate and it cost $169.00 The airport shuttle runs until midnight on weekdays and 1AM on weekends.  If you call the hotel front desk, you can get a recorded message describing the shuttle in more detail.  (754) 755-5645.

It's not the fanciest place but they have a restaurant and the rooms were clean.  It isn't a flea bag but it isn't a Hyatt either.

Edited by Daniel A

We are looking for early May, and also on a late flight in. Normally we stay in Plantation, but can't believe the prices for FLL area hotels for our dates. I know the Aussie dollar is weak, but AU $350 for a budget hotel in Plantation is alot. 

Today I've noticed both Hyatt House and Hyatt Place Dania Beach seem to be offering a decent price for our dates AU$280 (USD $184). It also comes with free airport shuttle and breakfast.

OP I have a cruise coming up in March. I arrive at FLL late on a Saturday for a Sunday cruise out of Port Everglades. My hotel needs were simple... clean, good reviews, near the airport, and a good deal.

I ended up booking Avid Hotel Fort Lauderdale Airport-Cruise.

Check them for your dates. Good Luck

We took a risk and decided to book on Priceline. Very happy, that we received SpringHill Suites in Dania Beach. Paid AU$220 for the mystery hotel, and to book on Expedia it is AU$550. We figured it was worth the risk for only a 14 hour stay, free breakfast too, can't go wrong.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:32 AM, spammie said:

We booked the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port.  They provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and free breakfast.  With taxes it was only $202 with a Senior Rate.  We won't even be there for 12 hours.  

• Like 1