Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Nothing that exciting I'm afraid. Like a nice Shepard's pie but in a variety of flavor combinations. 

It is only shepherd’s pie if it is lamb, for obvious reasons. Otherwise it is Cottage Pie.

Here endeth the first lesson.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

It's hard to make out where they wrote on the window instead of having printed signs. Maybe this was a unique offering so there was no signage.

it says     ***** cured salmon. 

It looks like salmon for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

it is only shepherd’s pie if it is lamb, for obvious reasons. Otherwise it is Cottage Pie.

Here endeth the first lesson.

I just like to eat them, I could learn a lot about them 😄. I just took a quick glance at them so as not to be tempted so could not tell you what was in any of them. Let's still say they were all cottage pies to be safe 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I just like to eat them, I could learn a lot about them 😄. I just took a quick glance at them so as not to be tempted so could not tell you what was in any of them. Let's still say they were all cottage pies to be safe 😄

But you didn’t like the (to me) splendiferous duck confit cottage pie on Cunard, which is one of my absolute faves. I’ll certainly swap it with you for my spinach. 😀😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

But you didn’t like the (to me) splendiferous duck confit cottage pie on Cunard, which is one of my absolute faves. I’ll certainly swap it with you for my spinach. 😀😀

That is a fair trade. I will gladly push that one off to you.

My favorite pie from that trip was the Fisherman's pie, yummy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

That is a fair trade. I will gladly push that one off to you.

My favorite pie from that trip was the Fisherman's pie, yummy. 

Hate fish pie.

a) It might have eggs in it (which I don’t eat, not allergy, just major loathing).

b) I can never get out of my head that it is made up of left over bits of fish they couldn’t use for anything else, plus a few prawns.

We would actually be ideal table companions, because we could finish each other’s dislikes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Hate fish pie.

a) It might have eggs in it (which I don’t eat, not allergy, just major loathing).

b) I can never get out of my head that it is made up of left over bits of fish they couldn’t use for anything else, plus a few prawns.

We would actually be ideal table companions, because we could finish each other’s dislikes.

hmmmm, fish bits. I'm going to need dinner soon at this rate!

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2024 at 7:38 AM, jam19872016 said:

I was actually going to say Cambridge but decided to Google most prestigious universities and Oxford is what popped up.

I blame Google.

I do wish Carnival would status match but I doubt we would ever see that. I think a lot of Carnival diamonds who have matured out of Carnival would love the opportunity to carry their status to Princess or the like. 

I guess the problem with status matching is the difference in the cost of obtaining the highest level in each cruise line.

Using an interior cabin as an example to get to highest tier, it takes approximately:

Carnival        28 weeks

Princess       15 cruises, can be as little as 30 days taking 2 day cruises, or 22 weeks by days.

Royal Carib  100 weeks

Celebrity      142 weeks

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

After not posting those I didn't do any more buffet tours since I didn't know if I would make time to post what I did have.

I've never been to the buffet at dinnertime, except when my husband wants a second dessert, so I had no idea they had that much food there in the evening! I know at least some of the crew eat there so I guess that's a fair number of mouths to feed without even considering the passengers.

Thank you so much for doing this! We're on the Reflection starting Feb. 17 with a different itinerary. We've been on her before but it's been several years so it's great to see what's happening now.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, darren42 said:

I guess the problem with status matching is the difference in the cost of obtaining the highest level in each cruise line.

Using an interior cabin as an example to get to highest tier, it takes approximately:

Carnival        28 weeks

Princess       15 cruises, can be as little as 30 days taking 2 day cruises, or 22 weeks by days.

Royal Carib  100 weeks

Celebrity      142 weeks

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong

Then we could also open a whole other can of worms by comparing benefits. Pinnacle on Royal will get you benefits far exceeding anything any other line could offer. Unfortunately I cannot status match to the highest level on Celebrity as it only goes up to Elite. I am still a long, long ways from Pinnacle but when I do get there, oh boy! 

I don't think Princess has great perks from what I have read, but I could be wrong. Seems it would not cost them much to status match from Canival, but I can see why any cost would need to be weighed against the return on investment they think they will make keeping someone in the Carnival brand vs choosing Celebrity or Virgin or the like.

7 minutes ago, Rika1 said:

I've never been to the buffet at dinnertime, except when my husband wants a second dessert, so I had no idea they had that much food there in the evening! I know at least some of the crew eat there so I guess that's a fair number of mouths to feed without even considering the passengers.

Thank you so much for doing this! We're on the Reflection starting Feb. 17 with a different itinerary. We've been on her before but it's been several years so it's great to see what's happening now.

Lots of lots of choices indeed!

Enjoy your cruise, it is almost time now!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Hate fish pie.

if you call them caviar instead, it becomes much fancier and more attractive. 🙂 lol

Unless you are not talking about fish eggs? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

so, if it is a sorbet, do I have to pay for it? Do we only pay for gelato?

The Sorbet is free (included) at the Ice Cream station in the OVC so it should be?

I think they only had it in the case with the Gelato to fill in the display. There were not enough different Gelato flavors to fill every pan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if you call them caviar instead, it becomes much fancier and more attractive. 🙂 lol

Unless you are not talking about fish eggs? 

Bleck none for me thanks. She was referring to the leftover fish pieces that were unfit for anything other than disguised in a pie. I didn't find anything like that but whatever was in it was tasty 😋

3 minutes ago, D. B. said:

The Sorbet is free (included) at the Ice Cream station in the OVC so it should be?

I think they only had it in the case with the Gelato to fill in the display. There were not enough different Gelato flavors to fill every pan.

I hope that's not the case since I wasted my free scoop on it. That would be disgusting especially considering I didn't care for it and it was the first time I remembered to redeem.

• Like 1

Not a lot on the agenda this evening. Think I'm going to go to the sky lounge and hang out with a couple happy hour drinks. Not gonna fill the bar since I'm not going out tonight and rarely drink at home.

• Like 2

I should clarify, not a lot on MY agenda. Still lots going on around the ship.

Silent disco tonight at 10, I will be in my bed hopefully sleeping 😴

Sat down and bar server came right over. 

Apple martini.

17069127482662849950498136196282.thumb.jpg.d59ee2372d6cf6bcce1c3db436dead2d.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Always an Indian station. Never looks pleasant but I've always found it very good.

20240129_181204.thumb.jpg.01ff957f5383c42c4362db77d826774f.jpg

20240129_181207.thumb.jpg.a2f73c72c24844fb9abbe004dde2da31.jpg

20240129_181231.thumb.jpg.6edd7e7d3b3b293ee4807478d2b06f75.jpg20240129_181233.thumb.jpg.3445c4978823c423ebcfcb7636a8c4b6.jpg

20240129_181238.thumb.jpg.ec1b38edd926ec6b404dda3afe4579b6.jpg

20240129_181244.thumb.jpg.ac0425b139656b60019c563bddb3b9d4.jpg

Love, love, love the Indian food in the buffet! 

• Like 2

Just now, balcony bound said:

Maybe you just need to try mine.  Does your version have a fried egg on top?

She doesn't eat eggs so if your version does you're not winning her over 😆. It's okay though she gave me her helping and I love eggs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

LOL  --  All Ships / All Lines seem to run AC on the "Cool" side 🙂 
Much prefer that to too hot!

On 2/1/2024 at 6:13 AM, jam19872016 said:

I love a cool ship and I have found this ship to have a wonderful AC system. I would recommend a jacket for anyone who gets cold easily.

• Like 3