Unable to manage sailing on app

Hoya2112

I’m hoping this group of informed sailors can help me where a half dozen calls to X customer service and two open IT tickets has not.  At my request, TA changed us from one March 2025 sailing to another March 2025 sailing.  Celebrity kept the new sailing under the same reservation number.  Problem now when I go to the app and try to click on the new sailing a message pops up that “sailing has not reached the app yet” and I can’t manage reservation.  The sailing is correctly linked to mine and wife’s accounts,  While I understand this is a year away, we are all too familiar that if I don’t keep pushing the issue with Celebrity, the won’t fix it and at some point I’ll be SOL to make preferred dining reservations, excursions, etc.  I don’t have this issue with a 2026 sailing - app works fine.

Any guidance on what steps I need to tell Celebrity or my TA to precisely execute to resolve? Thanks in advance.

Edited by FRMinBG

The app for our recent sailing didn't start working until a month beforehand. But our cruises for this coming year are on there; we can check in now for March 11th and choose shorex for next October. Guess it's still a work in progress...

I've found that sometime you can joging things back in place by Logging out of App - Hard Close App and then Logging back in.   If this doesn't work  -

LogOut

Uninstall App

Reinstall App

Since you can see and log into it by the web portal would mean it is operational  and you should be able to do things like book excursions on line.  

It is common for Celebrity to retain the reservation number when you make a change to a reservation as oppose to cancelling and rebooking. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 12:56 AM, FRMinBG said:

I’m hoping this group of informed sailors can help me where a half dozen calls to X customer service and two open IT tickets has not.  At my request, TA changed us from one March 2025 sailing to another March 2025 sailing.  Celebrity kept the new sailing under the same reservation number.  Problem now when I go to the app and try to click on the new sailing a message pops up that “sailing has not reached the app yet” and I can’t manage reservation.  The sailing is correctly linked to mine and wife’s accounts,  While I understand this is a year away, we are all too familiar that if I don’t keep pushing the issue with Celebrity, the won’t fix it and at some point I’ll be SOL to make preferred dining reservations, excursions, etc.  I don’t have this issue with a 2026 sailing - app works fine.

Any guidance on what steps I need to tell Celebrity or my TA to precisely execute to resolve? Thanks in advance.

We never use the App just to the website and log in.

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've found that sometime you can joging things back in place by Logging out of App - Hard Close App and then Logging back in.   If this doesn't work  -

LogOut

Uninstall App

Reinstall App

Since you can see and log into it by the web portal would mean it is operational  and you should be able to do things like book excursions on line.  

It is common for Celebrity to retain the reservation number when you make a change to a reservation as oppose to cancelling and rebooking. 

Thanks this is helpful.  I didn’t know what Celebrity’s process was in rebookings

3 hours ago, FRMinBG said:

Thanks this is helpful.  I didn’t know what Celebrity’s process was in rebookings

If you maintain the booking number then you are often able to retain the perks you received at booking.  With recent changes unless it was a forced change you loose the OBC and Tips.     Also if in a suit instead of loosing the 10% deposit you can change a booking prior to final payment  you only pay $100 pp to change to a different sailing.