Excursions in Labadee/Haiti

Hi Everyone, 

I originally planned on posting my question in the ports section but Labadee isn't even listed so I thought I'd try my luck here.  Are there no excursions available for Labadee at all? No matter what search venue I use, or what time of year I try it's coming up as none found?  If none are offered what would you do all day while docked/tendered? 

Any insight appreciated. 

TIA 

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

No matter what search venue I use, or what time of year I try it's coming up as none found? 

Don't use anything but the RCI planner itself. Not only will it show actual availability, but it will also show the price (which varies by date/ship).

Hi,

The zip line is worth doing. You must book it in advance to be guaranteed a ride as it will sell out, so you may not get a go if you leave it until you are on board or at the port, unless you are lucky.

There is a smaller test zip you have to do first, then they take you to the big one. Not cheap, but worth the money to do just once.

Also, there a roller coaster, Its the Dragons Breath IIRC, I did this back in 2011 and you controlled your speed with a break and there were warning lights to alert you to the person in front as you could go slow or as fast as you want, but you had to sign a waiver in case you smashed into the person in front.

There is are some nice nice beach and beautiful waters around this private part of Haiti. Not sure if you can go out of the fenced area and not sure if the country is safe for you to do so, but with the nice beaches and the food, in the limited time you are there, there is plenty to do.

Enjoy!

Mick.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Don't use anything but the RCI planner itself. Not only will it show actual availability, but it will also show the price (which varies by date/ship).

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to try that.

If you are thinking of excursions as in exploring the island as on other islands then no there are none. Labadee is a private area for Royal Caribbean and you cannot leave outside of the area. Labadee is what Coco Cay use to be before they made it into Perfect Day with the pools and water parks and things. It is basically a beach day as there are multiple beaches and an area that exclusively for suite guest. The do have cabanas and beach beds for rents like Coco Cay as well as free loungers and umbrellas on the beaches. They also have a free buffet type lunch like on Coco Cay and your drink package is good there. Somebody els ran down some of the different thing for purchase so I won’t mention them again. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bigque said:

If you are thinking of excursions as in exploring the island as on other islands then no there are none. Labadee is a private area for Royal Caribbean and you cannot leave outside of the area. Labadee is what Coco Cay use to be before they made it into Perfect Day with the pools and water parks and things. It is basically a beach day as there are multiple beaches and an area that exclusively for suite guest. The do have cabanas and beach beds for rents like Coco Cay as well as free loungers and umbrellas on the beaches. They also have a free buffet type lunch like on Coco Cay and your drink package is good there. Somebody els ran down some of the different thing for purchase so I won’t mention them again. 

Thanks for the info. I always thought it was like any other port stop with excursions on the island. Good to know it's more of a Coco Cay type day. 

• Like 1