Late Dinner...Early Show....HELP!!!

I specifically chose late seating for dinner so we would not have to rush at the end of the day to get ready. But if you are telling me I have to RUSH to get ready to see the shows BEFORE dinner then why did I choose the late seating???? Now I think it would have been better to choose EARLY dinner to be able to relax and see the same shows after dinner!! HELP!!! I want a RELAXING cruise.....having to get ready to catch a show that WON'T wait for us vs. having to rush for a dinner that WILL wait for us suddenly sounds not so relaxing!:cool:

I specifically chose late seating for dinner so we would not have to rush at the end of the day to get ready. But if you are telling me I have to RUSH to get ready to see the shows BEFORE dinner then why did I choose the late seating???? Now I think it would have been better to choose EARLY dinner to be able to relax and see the same shows after dinner!!

If you do late seating...then usually dinner is at 8:30 and some nights the shows are pre-dinner around 7:00 to 7:15 and some nights the shows are after dinner 10:30 to 10:45 or so. If you do early dinner it starts somewhere around 6:00 to 6:15 so you would have to be ready an hour earlier.

HELP!!! I want a RELAXING cruise.....having to get ready to catch a show that WON'T wait for us vs. having to rush for a dinner that WILL wait for us suddenly sounds not so relaxing!:cool:

Dinner is not going to wait for you either. Unless you are booking a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants for a different time or are choosing to go to the buffet or casual dining spot instead of the dining room. If you plan on going to the dining room then you need to be on time since arriving late causes problems for your tablemates and your dining team.

We always do late seating though. Mr. Ski tells TA that early seating is a "deal breaker". Stay with late seating. It should still give you plenty of time for relaxation.

Hope this helps a little.

We had late dinner on a 14 day LOS cruise last summer. ... the shows were at 11pm after dinner. The exception being 3-4 occasions when there was a chocolate buffet or midnight ondeck party. Then they were at 7pm before dinner...so that everyone could attend the special buffets. This was on a \med itinery..so don't know if it varies. But can highly recommend the late sitting. Much more relaxing. imo

Sakedad............arn't you talking about your cruise on the Monarch 4 night. First night, entertainment for 2nd seating guests is at 7 PM. Day two is the Captain's welcome reception........for both seating is at 7 PM, day three 2nd seating show is 7PM and day 4 is the same. Dinner on all 4 nights is at 8 PM.

Rick

Whichever dining time you choose, you won't miss a thing. The shows are set up so no one needs to choose one over the other. The cruise line knows you are on vacation and does everything in their power to keep the schedules that will not cause you to rush or stress!

Archived