Why sail with Seabourn

jimmcs16

I am new to Seabourn. I am reading on their website why sail with Seabourn. One area I am interested in:

• Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times  .

• Could someone post an example of a red fine wine provided?

• I will be sailing on the Ovation soon.

As to the complimentary spirits, we have never been disappointed with what was available at the well-stocked bars.  They do not carry every brand that you might find at a big liquor store, but they do have a number of excellent options for each type of spirit.  Bottoms up!

• Like 2

And I agree as well.  The complimentary wines are certainly drinkable, buvable.  And I have enjoyed a number of them with no complaints.  But they are generally not "fine" wines.  For a fine wine, one needs to make a purchase.

• Like 4

And this applies generally to the small 'luxury' lines.  They all tend to have fairly top end spirits, but fairly cheap and cheerful wines, drinkable but not by any means 'fine'.  It is not only Seabourn.

We wish they wouldn't, but that is how it is.

• Like 7

On Ovation recently over Christmas and New Year, comp list attached. BTW, the list was not entirely accurate by the time we sailed, as one white not mentioned was also available, but it was probably just due an update by then. If you do not want the offered wines on any given day, in any given restaurant,  it is very simple to ask instead for one from the comped list you would prefer. Might take them a few minutes to locate if not in that particular venue, but they were always happy to go fetch. I agree these are not fine wines by any stretch, and lincslady's comment above is spot on,  but I found some that were drinkable enough and strayed onto the paying list when and if I felt the need for better.

They are also always happy enough for you to try a little glass of any comped wine if you do not know it and get others to try if you do not enjoy. 

ovation comp wines.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1