Voyager -storm at sea

14 hours ago, NewYawkYankees said:

Curious if the quarters / dollars in those quarter-push machines emptied out during those lists...

Coins do on slightly wavy days, so I bet they did during the storm.

Damage from this storm seems fairly extensive in a lot of starboard side cabins. Royal is offering full free refunds and FCC to a number of people on upcoming cruises. Reports from onboard indicate a lot of work and problem cabin conditions ongoing.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Twenty2020 said:

Damage from this storm seems fairly extensive in a lot of starboard side cabins. Royal is offering full free refunds and FCC to a number of people on upcoming cruises. Reports from onboard indicate a lot of work and problem cabin conditions ongoing.

I've read some of those threads. Stay in same cabin which might smell like mildew for 30% off or wait and take another cruise and full fcc and redund. Problem is some got the letter after they flew into Galveston so not happy to hear so late. 

As I said earlier it was a really bad storm. I'm was on carnival dream and last  night someone posted a movie of water sloshing across the aft. Pretty deep. Ceilings below all were soaked. Wind was pushing us then suddenly swung around and hit from the side, pushing our ship sideways. I was on gr sur when it went sideways and everything in WJ toppled, so not sure which was worse, but this was I big electric storm for sure. And the wind changed so sudden. I read the rcl letter with offers. People dont know what to do when I was reading it, already flew into Galveston. 

Newb here.  How do people get offers?   I'd used my gmail account which I don't check often, but if something might come by email, I'll force myself to check.   I used a TA.   Would the TA get an email? 

Note I don't *really* expect to get an offer.   Our cruise isn't for a couple of weeks and we are starboard promenade deck 7.   So, interior but on the wet side of the ship.  I saw Deck 9 starboard had been drenched.   So, maybe our carpet is mildewing now?   

Also, annoyingly, my gmail is down at the moment, although I got in this morning.  

Also, I really really loved our cabin selection.   I wouldn't want to move to a regular interior.   

Edited by HappyTexan44

We're sailing on February 24th, and it looks like they've pulled the cruises until the 29th from the website. Before the storm, there looked to still be decent availability. My guess is things are up in the air and they'll need the extra cabins to move people around if needed. 

We're booked on Deck 9 in a starboard JS near midship. Hoping all is well by then!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:45 AM, Twenty2020 said:

Wonder if our cruise is too far out for an offer, I'd consider changing if the deal was good enough, maybe do Harmony and a 7 day instead of our 5 day.

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Wonder if our cruise is too far out for an offer, I'd consider changing if the deal was good enough, maybe do Harmony and a 7 day instead of our 5 day.

I'm sure it is. I think this was just for people in impacted cabins for this most recent cruise, and maybe the one that left yesterday.  Sounds like rest of the ship is totally fine.

Edited by Twenty2020
  • Like 1

Back in the day on Splendor of the Seas, we hit a squall and captain asked lunchers to sit on the port side only in the MDR, I kid you not.  Deck doors were locked until further notice...lots of Henrys were mighty busy that night in the halls, closet I've ever come to getting sick, but it was exciting.  Ships are designed to take 12% heels I believe the Chief once said.  I have sailed a 27' Catalina sail boat standing straight up on the gunnels, we had a swing keel but she kept upright no problem.  I highly suspect the heel was not 18*, it just feels like it.  That's almost on her side!

• Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 9:10 AM, smokeybandit said:

I'd love to be in a storm like that. Though I'm sure my wife would wholly disagree.

Agree, don't like being on a Ship unless can feel the motion of the Ocean. Been on few these Hurricanes/Tropical Storms when use to only Cruise in Sept in 80-90's, most were on smaller Vision Class though did one on Voyager one that was really Wild 25yrs ago. They were smart enough to tie up all chairs before we hit the worst of it though more then once they didn't drain Pools having water going out both ends as we rocked back/forth

• Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, firefly333 said:

When I left yesterday back of buffet still closed. People in balconies deck 9 aft all had water coming thru their ceilings. Going to take a lot to dry all the water damage up I saw. Easy for someone not there to say no big damage. Pretty extensive what I saw. Just money I guess to you to replace broken lo gets and dividers and ceilings and other furniture. 

I've been on 75 to 100 cruises I'd guess and this is the worst I've ever seen. And I've been thru hurricanes. I'm diamond on carnival. 

Years ago doing a Boston to Florida Repo not only was waves high but wind pushing rain hard sideways. Ended up opening seal to my closed/locked Aft Deck 9 Cabin to leak. Carpet was wet from door to under Bed requiring large Blower in my Cabin for 3+ days. They gave me another Balcony Cabin to use during Cruise, so had both, but best thing was the FCC was high enough to cover about 70% of my next years 13nite Repo

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Years ago doing a Boston to Florida Repo not only was waves high but wind pushing rain hard sideways. Ended up opening seal to my closed/locked Aft Deck 9 Cabin to leak. Carpet was wet from door to under Bed requiring large Blower in my Cabin for 3+ days. They gave me another Balcony Cabin to use during Cruise, so had both, but best thing was the FCC was high enough to cover about 70% of my next years 13nite Repo

That's, lucky. I'm assuming Voyager was sold out as they offered 30% fcc to stay in your cabin which  might smell like mildew or a refund and fcc to cruise late.

I didnt have any danger. Got $25 obc still nice. 

• Like 1