t-shirt sales?

peanutter

Getting ready to board the NS this Sunday-unbelievably ready and excited to get onboard!  We have noticed that the last few cruises we have been on (HAL, Celebrity, Princess - all longer Caribbean types) have not had the pre-pandemic t-shirt sales that we remember.  Just looking for cheap stuff to wear to the MDR - just kidding!  Really, for the gym and working out at home.  Have they stopped having those types of sales or have we just been on ones that perhaps had supply chain issues?  Just curious as to your experiences.  TIA!

They definitely had them on the Oosterdam - my DS wanted to see what they had.

Also on the Koningsdam - I didn’t go due to the crowds.

Pretty sure the Rotterdam did as well but for some reason that one doesn’t stick out in my mine.  those cruises were all post covid.

• Like 1

I was on the last Oosterdam sailing of the South America itineraries last spring and they had all the South America stuff on deep markdown.  They set up tables at one end of the amidships swimming pool and had all the merch laid out.  Tee shirts, stuffed animals, and various other trinkets.

I have an Alaska  cruise RT from Vancouver but my flight back east is a red-eye not departing until 10:00 pm.  So I will have all day to kill in Vancouver. I don't want to be schlepping luggage around to do a little sightseeing, but I also don't want to sit around the airport all day either, especially since I can't check my luggage until late afternoon.

So, is there anyplace to temporarily store luggage in the downtown Vancouver area, before heading to the airport in the afternoon?

20 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

I have an Alaska  cruise RT from Vancouver but my flight back east is a red-eye not departing until 10:00 pm.  So I will have all day to kill in Vancouver. I don't want to be schlepping luggage around to do a little sightseeing, but I also don't want to sit around the airport all day either, especially since I can't check my luggage until late afternoon.

So, is there anyplace to temporarily store luggage in the downtown Vancouver area, before heading to the airport in the afternoon?

Quite the hijack from a t-shirt thread 😉 

You can store luggage at the Vancouver cruise terminal. https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/faqs/

• Haha 5

Very good info and exactly what I wanted to know. Understand that real sale items will most likely be of different regions - not Caribbean - and that's ok. I have more than a few Alaska shirts and have never been north of Vancouver! 

I'll keep an eye out next week and hope for the best. Thanks, you all are the best on CC!

• Like 1

They won't discount/sale for current cruise (until its the last cruise in the area). Usually the sales are on past itineraries to offload merchandise. You may find a sale price on a parka with "Alaska" on it on your Caribbean cruise. 🤣

• Like 1

I am hoping some of the sweatshirts from the Grand are still available and on sale on our cruise.  We always found those to be really good quality.