Resort Recommendation For 3 to 4 nights post cruise

diane.in.ny

I don't know if anyone can help but thought I'd try.

We will have a car so it doesn't need to be close to San Juan. 

Would like a place with a nice beach that provides umbrellas and chairs. 

On site restaurant for breakfast.  For other meals would be nice but not necessary since we'll have a car.

Can anyone help?

It was way back in 2015, before Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, but our stay at El Conquistador was fabulous. It is on the eastern side of the island in Fajardo. We chose it to visit the nearby bioluminescent bay but our tour was unfortunately canceled. We did day trips to El Yunque and  Cueva Ventana. The resort has its own private island that you take a ferry to. There is also a water park on site. 

https://www.conquistadorresort.com/

Our photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2P9Y6TjaprksfEvr5

The following year, we headed south to Ponce, where we stayed at Hilton resort. It was nice too.

12 hours ago, diane.in.ny said:

On site restaurant for breakfast.  For other meals would be nice but not necessary since we'll have a car.

Can anyone help?

La Concha - https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/sjubr-la-concha-renaissance-san-juan-resort/overview/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0

Do consider a sea facing upper floor room.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just stayed at La Concha for a week.  It's a decent resort.  Getting a little beat up with age, but has a nice crowd and decent pools.  they had plenty of chairs for the beach.  If you go to the adult pool and get chairs on the Eastern side of the hotel, there is less people.  I would not swim there unless the ocean is pretty calm.   riptide central.  There was several good restaurants within a couple of blocks.  Easy Uber into OSJ. 

The marriott stellaris  may be a lower pricepoint on the same beach.  The Vanderbilt for luxury, but doesn't really have a beach.   There are a couple nice resorts out by the airport like the El San Juan, but you are next to the runway and not as convenient to walk to restaurants.   However, the beach is better.

Driving further East of San Juan, then you get into the big beach resorts like the Grand Hyatt Reserve, Wyndham Rio Mar, or el conquistador.

Edited by Clubber

On 1/29/2024 at 9:10 PM, diane.in.ny said:

Can anyone help?

If you really want to get away, try booking airbnb, vrbo or bed and breakfast in either Vieques or Culebra.  Warning, these are rustic areas and you do need a rental car BUT both amazing unspoiled islands with fantastic snorkeling.  We take puddle jumpers out of either Ceiba or San Juan.