P.O.M. to FLL

English Tim

JetBlue have unkindly brought our departing flight forward to 11.20 on a Friday, in May. 

Our ship is due to arrive in Port of Miami at 07.00. We are fairly familiar with the port having been lucky enough to use it twice recently. On the last occasion, we took an Uber to MIA, but in May, we need to get to FLL for an 11.20 departure.

We intend self debarkation, to give us more time, and then getting an Uber to FLL. We have looked at alternatives, but they don’t seem to be any. What do you all think?

That is going to be rough. You might make it, if everything worked exactly correctly/as planned. It's generally recommended to be at the airport 3 hours before an international flight. Even shaving a few minutes off, you'll be tight. And facing commuting traffic as well. I don't think there is any holiday (banker's or otherwise) that would help reduce traffic.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Going to be tight...and are you doing a flight back to Britain?

4 hours ago, FOPMan said:

That is going to be rough. You might make it, if everything worked exactly correctly/as planned. It's generally recommended to be at the airport 3 hours before an international flight. Even shaving a few minutes off, you'll be tight. And facing commuting traffic as well. I don't think there is any holiday (banker's or otherwise) that would help reduce traffic.

It is a domestic flight to DCA. Wouldn’t consider this for international flight. 

Edited by English Tim
Add text

10 hours ago, English Tim said:

JetBlue have unkindly brought our departing flight forward to 11.20 on a Friday, in May. 

Our ship is due to arrive in Port of Miami at 07.00. We are fairly familiar with the port having been lucky enough to use it twice recently. On the last occasion, we took an Uber to MIA, but in May, we need to get to FLL for an 11.20 departure.

We intend self debarkation, to give us more time, and then getting an Uber to FLL. We have looked at alternatives, but they don’t seem to be any. What do you all think?

How far is FLL from POM and what is the estimated travel time?

also, realistically what would be the earliest you could self disembark if all went well and ship arrived on time ?

20 hours ago, D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL said:

How far is FLL from POM and what is the estimated travel time?

also, realistically what would be the earliest you could self disembark if all went well and ship arrived on time ?

I reckon leaving the ship at 7:30 with luggage and about 40 minutes to the airport. 

1 hour ago, English Tim said:

I reckon leaving the ship at 7:30 with luggage and about 40 minutes to the airport. 

You should be able to make an 11:20 flight without any problems but be aware you will hit the height of rush hour at that time. I would plan on an hour, assuming no accidents or rainy weather (which always results in more accidents), on a Friday morning disembarking at 7:30 (and that too is subject to delays).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, capriccio said:

You should be able to make an 11:20 flight without any problems but be aware you will hit the height of rush hour at that time. I would plan on an hour, assuming no accidents or rainy weather (which always results in more accidents), on a Friday morning disembarking at 7:30 (and that too is subject to delays).

Of course, they will be arriving at the same time many people are arriving from Port Everglades.

It's doable.  Departed POM, walk-off with luggage, last January and got to FLL by 8:30am.  Too early to even check our bags for our 11:45 flight.  Granted, it was a Saturday, but I still like your chances even on a Friday.  Just get your butt in line early to get off the ship.